What do you do for a living?

I run power plants. (Diesel and hydro) Bringing plants on line & off line, moving load around, (etc.) all from a central location in the diesel plant. Essentially, I get to play the most intense computer game in town. (We are a stand alone system, (not on a grid) so if I win, nobody even knows I was playing. If I lose, everybody knows!) :rolleyes:

Excel Facts

Using Function Arguments with nested formulas
If writing INDEX in Func. Arguments, type MATCH(. Use the mouse to click inside MATCH in the formula bar. Dialog switches to MATCH.
I'm a Forecasting and Scheduling anaylst for call centre also Real time management anaylst in past job- hence the name

still learning excel i live by the title
"jack of all trades, master of none"

excel 03 and 07 xp/vista

I work as an Excel (and sometime SQL) Developer for a small Automotive company called Aston Martin.

And no I don't get a company car and I can't get you a discount!

I work as an analyst in shared services for a conglomerate. I'll be going part time in January to pursue a career in consultancy...

Hmm, seems I never stated what I did in previous posts (too intent on besmirching Rory's (cough! cough!) and Keith's good names ;-)).

A chartered accountant by profession, I work in the Investments & Treasury team of a global insurerer (although i only deal with the UK bit). I prepare commentary on the investment performance of the funds we manage and also prepare a lot of the Board papers and committee papers our senior management require.

What's really annoying is I don't get any time any more to do stuff with Excel in my job :-(

I don't think Aston Martin is a *small* company by any means :eeek:

Based on numbers of cars produced/sold I'd say it qualifies as small. Great brand though - sucks that DiscoPistol doesn't get a Company Car, but I'm sure he gets to drive the odd one though?

Based on numbers of cars produced/sold I'd say it qualifies as small. Great brand though - sucks that DiscoPistol doesn't get a Company Car, but I'm sure he gets to drive the odd one though?

We're still working on that one! They do have a number of 'Production' cars that can be 'Tested' over the weekend but first you have to justify that your job requires it.....Ideas on a Postcard!

We're still working on that one! They do have a number of 'Production' cars that can be 'Tested' over the weekend but first you have to justify that your job requires it.....Ideas on a Postcard!

I heard somewhere that Excel can control a DB9. Or was it an Access DB, can't really remember. You better test it out anyway.
---------------

I work for one of the largest county councils in England doing lots of number crunching in Excel, building small databases in Access and trying to convince people that Excel isn't a database, that Access shouldn't be trusted for critical systems and that I can't write the 'god' program - i.e. we're going to give you a workbook in a different format with different everything in it, but can you write something that will just know what to do with the data.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hickman156

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back