What do you do for a living?

Excel Facts

Can Excel fill bagel flavors?
You can teach Excel a new custom list. Type the list in cells, File, Options, Advanced, Edit Custom Lists, Import, OK
Nope - I did mean GIC, as mentioned in this article as the "Indian Reinsurer" (I don't know if there are others yet)

Hello folks,

I'm a reliability engineer/ statistician in the smiconductor industry. Learning VBA, by plagiarizm from your great forum:), has been just great addition to my skills and experience. I'm very much in debt to many of you.

Great work

I work for a large medical device company in new product engineering, with 4 main roles:
  • leading the software validation group
  • providing statistical analysis support for research protocols
  • providing Excel automation for data analysis
  • optimizing processes
...keeps me out of trouble :)

I guess you're not going to believe that I'm an aging rock star and just hang out here when I'm tired of my groupie worshipers. Remember that song, "Berne IN the USA?"

O.K. No. I'm not. I'm the only financial analyst under two accountants here in the rural Midwest Indiana USA. My company is a publisher of niche magazines, books, and kits. We have our own photography studio where the models and sets are constantly setting up and tearing down. Occasionally I'll walk down the hall to see what's happening in the studio, it always seems more exciting than my office. I compile all the management reports, monthly cash flow reports, budgets, and ad hoc reports. I'm here from 8:00 AM to 5-6 or when ever, but I only live 10 minutes away and am surrounded by nice Amish farms and neighbors.

I'm here from 8:00 AM to 5-6 or when ever, but I only live 10 minutes away and am surrounded by nice Amish farms and neighbors.

Some of our branches are located in areas heavily populated by the Amish. I so enjoy traveling to those branches and relaxing in the slower pace. I usually take my time getting there and back, my usual excuse being, "I got caught behind a buggy."

I'm a bean counter for a distribution company. Although I don't do much per se Accounting work that is what my Bachelor Degree is in. I do more work with software development, programming and consulting work within our company that my Associate Degree in Computer Science is more applicable to what I do day in and day out. Also the 7am-3pm hours make for a great day and plenty of free time in the evening for volleyball, softball, basketball, rock climbing, video games, cycling, skiing, 4-wheeling, paintball, backpacking and anything else that takes my interest. Also do some tax work Dec through April for some extra cash to help fund these extracurricular activities.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Warwick89

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back