What do you do for a living?

Excel Facts

How can you turn a range sideways?
Copy the range. Select a blank cell. Right-click, Paste Special, then choose Transpose.
Well we do have the term in the UK of "beer goggles" but SURELY, a lamp-post ??!! (even with soft lighting...edit: and beers)

Last edited:
Some of our branches are located in areas heavily populated by the Amish. I so enjoy traveling to those branches and relaxing in the slower pace. I usually take my time getting there and back, my usual excuse being, "I got caught behind a buggy."

After 15 years in the rat race of the east coast, getting a little elbow room in the mid west is like heaven. I've been in my country house for 1 year now.

I'm an accountant by trade, but have spent the last 2 years working full time on the companies computer replacement project, with another year to run. My job title is "Business Process Analyst" :eeek:.

Wanted Business Process Ninja but they weren't keen :laugh:.

From 7:00am to 5:00pm I am Senior Test Engineer for Hamilton Sundstrand in Windsor Locks, CT, which is an aerospace engineering and manufacturing company. basically, I write the test procedures that are used to demonstrate that our hardware meets the specification requirements before being accepted by NASA for shipment. I get to break multi-million dollar pieces of hardware every day :diablo:

After I get home at 6:00, and on the weekends, I am a 3rd generation blueberry farmer in rural Three Rivers, MA. On the whole, I make about 10 times less selling blueberries than I do testing space hardware, though it is much more rewarding in many ways.

One small question in regards to the most common water purifier in India: how good is Aquaguard (from Eureka Forbes) as a home use filter and is it good enough to keep water borne diseases away ? Which filter according to you is the best for home use ?

Here in India, thousands of people die every week due to water borne diseases. I hope, I am not asking too much :-D

Funny you should mention water filtration. We are slated to launch our Water Processor Assembly for the Space Station next month. It scrubs urine, wash water, and distillate on the space station to make potable drinking water. It has also created a spinoff technology for rural locations. I;m afraid that the technology is geared toward providing water for small towns, based on throughpt and cost (through other internal articles, I think a commercial system runs about 20K). Here is an article that goes into more detail.

In addition to the water processor, I also work on the Oxygen Generator, for the space station. That launched about 2 yers ago, and we have been running it on and off for over a year. Actually, next week, we'll be turning it on again for a maintenance checkout. It won't run full-time until the water processor is running to provide it with water. For anyone who cares, here is a reasonably good article about the whole project... it was written when it was just coming off of the drawing board and starting to be built, but it catches the gist.

Re the water filter, hatman. That looks great but it isn't going to catch on in the developing world. If they are lucky they have a well or stream and a bucket. That's all.

Anyone working on a cheap and plentiful booze producer that filters your input and outputs you feeling chirpy and with it then next day?

Well, now I have told my boss I can tell you guys - in a couple of months time I will be doing what I do in a different company - I have as of yesterday accepted a job with the college where I am doing my masters - so I will have no excuse not to go to the library now!

Woo hoo!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hickman156

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back