Things I’ve Learned About The Good Old U S of A From Watching Films And Telly

Despite being really quite old now The Good Life is still superb. And what a cast - Felicity Kendall, Richard Briers, Penelope Keith and Paul Eddington. Yeah, that was a gem.

Excel Facts

How can you turn a range sideways?
Copy the range. Select a blank cell. Right-click, Paste Special, then choose Transpose.
Is Rosemary & Thyme still on the air over there? Was it popular?

They show it quite often during the day. I don't think it was that popular, although it certainly wasn't unpopular. It is the sort of thing I am quite happy to sit and watch if I am off work sick.

Despite being really quite old now The Good Life is still superb. And what a cast - Felicity Kendall, Richard Briers, Penelope Keith and Paul Eddington. Yeah, that was a gem.

and Felicity Kendall in To the Manor Born. That was just after The Good Life finished a season many years ago, but I still have fond memories of it.

Guess I will be hitting Netflix during dinner to see if they carry To The Manor Born. Must - fight - the - urge - to - go - there - now......

Wasn't it Penelope Keith in To The Manor Born?

Here are a few for the British from an American.

1) You have something you call ice cream, but it is in no way ice cream. It is more like cold cool whip.

2) Some British eat toast for breakfast with a beef bullion paste called Marmite. This is not quite as bad as tasting a fisherman's friend, but it comes pretty darn close.

3) As soon as you open your mouth and utter a sentence, it can be determined where you live within a few blocks.

4) A public school is really a private school, but what then is a government run school called?

5) It makes me smile when I hear the British say; Aluminum, Privacy, Vitamin, and schedule.

6) British have the best sense of humor, or is that humour.

7) If you ever get an American dentist, you will never have had such clean teeth.

8) Americans don't understand how and when you change your Prime Ministers.

9) We love to see Parliament in session and all the heckling that goes on.

10) The UK music charts are about six months ahead of the US, and the BBC news tries the hardest not to show their bias. They may be the only news source left where the idea of true journalism is still a worthy goal.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lozdemr

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back