How not to eat with your hands

Lol i don't know if I'm being insulted due to the proper english that you are encountering but.. Thanks! Everyone needs a fresh haircut some point in their lives :D!

Excel Facts

Excel Joke
Why can't spreadsheets drive cars? They crash too often!
Mark, Forget the Xmas cards. The priority has to be that pesky cat!!!!

One note. The moment that the English can agree on what defines "proper English" is the moment I accept the argument of "It's ENGLISH and I'm ENGLISH so my way is correct.!"

One note. The moment that the English can agree on what defines "proper English" is the moment I accept the argument of "It's ENGLISH and I'm ENGLISH so my way is correct.!"

Hey Brian, the clue's in the title!!! ENGLISH!! Not Americanish nor Canadianish or Whateverish. When we were kind enough to grant you folk across the Atlantic licence to use our wonderful language we half expected you to look after it. Then what happened? For no good reason whatsoever, you started making up your own words, changing the meaning of words that were perfectly acceptable as they were and generally messing with our spelling!!! Why is it that you guys insist on leaving the 'U' out of words like colour? Why do you so annoyingly and randomly substitute Zs for Ss ? It's time you lot toed the line! :)

And as soon as the line is agreed between all the English I'll toe it. ;-)

Temporary avatar placed to relieve Tony's eyes (not getting into a discussion on proper English (especially with words like colour/color) as it is much too complicated).

Mark,

On the one hand I really appreciate you binning the moggy (American translation: putting the cat in the garbage) but now I realiZe (oops!) that people are going to be looking at my previous posts and think….. 'Cat?' 'What cat?' 'This Snakehips character must be a bit of an idiot. His posts don't make a whole lot of sense!!'

Hey-ho, no change there then?

Last edited:
In canada we say "colour" :) Americans say "color". Get your facts right! :D

That's the whole point of English as spoken in the motherland, there is no such thing as proper English. It is an ever evolving language, unlike the American abomination where much of the language is 17th century English, and/or they have a crass habit of trying to use nouns as verbs. And of course there are the regional variations, not just dialect, but whole phrases that aren't used elsewhere. Hell, it such a dynamic language we have loaned it out to the world and are absorbing their influences. And you know people who really say bloody hell with or without the h)? I don't, and I have lived here a few more than 10 years.

BTW, I wouldn't take much notice of anything Snakehips says, anyone who uses Excel 2002 and 2007, the two worst versions of Excel period, cannot be treated seriosuly.

BTW, I wouldn't take much notice of anything Snakehips says, anyone who uses Excel 2002 and 2007, the two worst versions of Excel period, cannot be treated seriosuly.

Ouch!!!!
In a pathetic effort to improve my credibility, I've just been online and added 2010 to the dinosaur that is my collection of Excel applications.
The money spent was earmarked for Christmas presents for my grandchildren but now they will have to go without!!

I hope theBardd can sleep easily in his bed tonight, with that on his conscience?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JamesFromAustin

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back