How not to eat with your hands

Quite right. Now that you have a decent Excel version, you can teach your grandkids how to use Excel properly. Much better Christmas present than a new phone, or an XBox game. Time to sleep easily now zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!

Excel Facts

Format cells as currency
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+4 to format cells as currency. (Shift 4 is the $ sign).

Although the more recent posts would appear to have drifted away from the original subject, I still feel that as far as intellectual content is concerned, this thread stands head and shoulders above most others within the Lounge.

So the primary purpose of this particular post is to prevent this ‘jewel in the crown’ from dropping off the bottom of the page and into the obscurity.

The question did cross my mind as to why nobody had, thus far, mentioned asking for chopsticks. Or should that be woodenware? Then I recalled, from personal experience, that as chopsticks are so fiendishly difficult to master, the occasional user may well find themselves having to resort to eating with their hands or in the case of soup, slurping direct from the bowl. And that is exactly what this thread is trying to avoid!

(I typed this as quietly as I could in an attempt to avoid waking theBardd.)

Well contrary to popular belief eating with your hands is not that bad, in fact I am able to eat with my hands most of the time. I do occasionally reach for a spoon, but that is generally when the only thing I can find to eat after midnight is a bowl of cereal, (sorry spoon), as for the knife I rarely use him either of course this could be based solely on my diet, consisting mostly of Pizza, Chicken, French Fries, Bacon, link sausage (for breakfast) of course Bacon is good all day... and of course burgers & dogs you know the good food. So unless it is to prevent me from double dipping into the butter with my fork, I don't use a knife much either, so I tend to just stick with the things I can cut with a fork, or stab whole and eat around the edges (if I cant get the whole thing in my mouth) or finger food. * Note I cant believe I actually used the word Diet in this post. LOL.

To Snakehips and all you other "POMS",

let me put this in plain English- 'WE WON THE ASHES 5-ZIP'.

Now that the natural order has been re-established between the 'convicts' and the 'Old Dart', we sleep so much better......

FarmerScott

Although the more recent posts would appear to have drifted away from the original subject, I still feel that as far as intellectual content is concerned, this thread stands head and shoulders above most others within the lounge.

Firstly, a big thank you Drrellick for getting this thread back on track and giving us that wonderful insight into his refined eating habits.
I do sincerely hope that the fast food industry of South Carolina is suitably appreciative of the selfless contribution this man is making to their profits.

Secondly, and in direct contrast to Drrellick, farmerscott
’s post is so far off subject that he has surely, metaphorically speaking, ‘bowled a wide’.
How sad that Mitchell Johnson didn’t do more of the same.
The only way I can see post 54# having any relevance to this thread is that England were, indeed, eaten alive by the Aussies.
We served it up to them on a plate, but as to whether or not they ate with their hands, I cannot not be sure.

Anyway, no hard feelings Mate, you enjoy the success and may all your spreadsheets be cursed with #Value errors!!

I offer my sincere apologies to members not versed in the niceties of test cricket.
Also
I would ask the moderators to consider whether it against forum rules for farmerscott to highjack a thread in order to gloat?

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JamesFromAustin

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back