MrExcel Excel Videos

Learn Excel from MrExcel - Excel tips and tricks from Bill Jelen.
Excel can allegedly handle 4096 characters in a cell, but in todays podcast nothing past character 1130 is displaying in the cell. In Episode 631, a convoluted solution with a textbox solves the problem, but there must be a better way. This blog is the video podcast companion to the book, Learn Excel from MrExcel. Download a new two minute video every workday to learn one of the 277 tips from the book!
Today, a second answer to Steves question about changing numbers in a worksheet by using a graphical control. Today, we use the ActiveX scrollbar control to solve the problem. Episode 649 shows you how. This blog is the video podcast companion to the book, Learn Excel from MrExcel. Download a new two minute video every workday to learn one of the 277 tips from the book!
In Excel 2007, Microsoft has changed the behaviour of the X used to close the application. In Episode 646, I show you how to use the customize button to add a true Close Application button to the QAT. This blog is the video podcast companion to the book, Learn Excel from MrExcel. Download a new two minute video every workday to learn one of the 277 tips from the book!
A great question from one of my Excel seminars started out as a simple question: how can I convert a column of dates to show if the day is Monday, Tuesday, etc.? However, upon further examination, they were trying to figure out the banking day before the date shown. This could have been an ugly combination of IF functions to locate Mondays and Bank Holidays. However, one obscure function solves this problem in a short formula. Episode 644 shows you how. This blog is the video podcast companion to the book, Learn Excel from MrExcel. Download a new two minute video every workday to learn one of the 277 tips from the book!
Patrick wrote in to address my answer from podcast 641. In that podcast, I used a SUMIF to create a pie chart of hours spent by department. Patrick notes that early in the month, many of the departments have 0 values and would like those excluded from the chart. In Episode 643, I set up a series of formulas to sort the data and then a named range to exclude the zeroes from the chart. This blog is the video podcast companion to the book, Learn Excel from MrExcel. Download a new two minute video every workday to learn one of the 277 tips from the book!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CALEB23

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back