READY:\
READY:\ target "RossMcColl" /k
Activating satellite...
Searching for target...
Target acquired...
Dispatch rabid Kangaroo to location...

Roo Power!

(Don't make me send the Wombats in the White Vans.)

Last edited:

Excel Facts

Select a hidden cell
Somehide hide payroll data in column G? Press F5. Type G1. Enter. Look in formula bar while you arrow down through G.
READY:\ target "RossMcColl" /k
Activating satellite...
Searching for target...
Target acquired...
Dispatch rabid Kangaroo to location...

Roo Power!

(Don't make me send the Wombats in the White Vans.)

Aaron, there are several very good psychiatrists I could recommend to you ;-)

Hmmm, this is the first board where I have even considered using my real name. And that, only after a number of months answerring questions and getting a feel for how professional the core group is. I have to admit that when I start E-Mailing files back and forth with people I am trying to help from the board, I feel a little awkward having to explain that my very official looking signature:

Paul Sasur
Sr. Mechanical Test Engineer (WP&OGA System)
Hamilton Sundstrand
Space, Land & Sea
Phone (860) xxx-xxxx
Fax (860) xxx-xxxx

Goes with the Hatman persona here on the board. Obviously, people take it in stride, but it still gives me some pause... I have the illusory anonymity of moniker like Hatman and every once in a while I end up sharing that information anyway when I exchange E-Mails off-board. And as Erik pointed out in some earlier thread, I actually posted the better part of personal info on a Chain Maille board, that I no longer frequent anyway.

I guess I'm just rambling now. Perhaps, when things slow down at work next year, and I start spending a slew of time here again, I'll take the time to have my screen-name changed... right now, I just plain can't be bothered.

BTW, for anyone who cares, Hatman was the first nickname I got when I went away to college... the first nickname I had been dubbed that I didn't take to be a snide insult. I was dubbed so due to an Aussie Bush Hat that I had picked up in Cairns the summer after High School... which has been replaced once (so far) in the intervening 15 years (I can't believe how OLD I'm getting... we no longer have a child... we now have KIDS!)

Oh, and Patience, CONGRATULATIONS. Marriage to the right person is such an amazing experience. And a question... how does one actually pronounce Bryony?

I use my last name and add the first letters from my first and middle name cummingsea, Last name Cummings, First name Eugene and Middle name Allen.
And I don't care who finds me because I have nothing for them to take, but my life, but since I have nothing why would anyone what my life.

Great discussion, guys !

well, for me it aint matter if i used my real name and i dont care if any whackos or scoundrels find me from no where :-D My real name is Nimit Muni and i do like to keep the username "Stormseed" ;) (some deep meaning attached to it --> something like if a storm comes along -it wud be the seeds only which remain intact)

Apparently, half of us are in favor of being anonymous and half of us do prefer to reveal our real names..it just depends completely on our thought process ! If we reveal our identity on such friendly discussion boards -i think, the chances of being troubled or being harrassed are next to nil :) nevertheless, the mind rules !!

take care, everyone...it was indeed great to read out the comments from all of you :-D

Last edited:
I don't think people choose a username for the sake of being anonymous. I don't think I'm going to be harrassed.

It's just a bit of fun, isn't it? A way of expressing yourself. You think you're cool and clever because you've got the name Stormseed, and you want everyone else to think you're cool and clever too. It's a lot cooler and cleverer than Nimit or Bob.

I hope everyone thinks I'm cool and clever.

I kinda compromise - I use 'spidery6' as my handle, and have my first name in my signature. On other boards :biggrin:, the handle often becomes a conversation starter; on here, no so much!.

Brian-ee

*dunks and runs away before someone looses her patience*

Now why would I do that!?

I had a flatmate called Brian once, and he couldn't pronouce my name. So I said - "It is the same as yours with 'ee' on the end."

He has called me Eebrian since...!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GunsofBrixton

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back