What's in a name?

Speak for yourself, I had to buy myself a new cattle prod to keep all those young ladies at bay when I first used my real name on the board!!! :biggrin:

<sigh> Sadly, I know what you mean. </sigh> :biggrin:

Excel Facts

Return population for a City
If you have a list of cities in A2:A100, use Data, Geography. Then =A2.Population and copy down.
'howzat?' to fellow Kiwi, Andrew

Not out! From memory that shot was a cut that went behind point for two.

There aren't many of us here - parry and Ivan Moala used to be regulars but I don't see them around that much any more.......

Andrew

lol Course poor old Zack didn't have much choice. When he went and hi'self MVP'd and then was publicly congratulated on the board, the jig was pretty much up :)

Not out! From memory that shot was a cut that went behind point for two.

There aren't many of us here - parry and Ivan Moala used to be regulars but I don't see them around that much any more.......

Andrew

Nice stroke - at least it wasn't lofted into the hands of mid-off. Of course, only a few will even understand what any of those sentences mean (a bit like some VB code I guess!).
I'm an ex-Wellingtonian, living in the US since 1990.
I'm only on this board when I have a vexing problem that I know someone, somewhere will have some brilliant solution to, and then I'll hover around for a week or so before I decide my boss really does want that deadline met after all.

Cheers,

When I first started visiting boards, I used Shades of Gray - either my hair or my sunglasses. But it was cumbersome, so it became shades for all Excel, programming, Mac boards (except tech support guy, because someone had already lifted that one).

On religious boards I use either filosofer a play on Greek "love" and Hebrew "count" - "loves to count what matters" or exegete77, my area of expertise (77 just added a ring of mystery to it?).

When I had my first ever email account, I wasn't sure about the whole internet thing, so I didn't want to use my real name. I remember being sat at my desk trying to find inspiration from all around me for a username. I tried stapler, hole-punch, all sorts, but everything was already taken. Then I noticed something with an expiry date, so I went for that.

Ever since then my username has been either Expiry or Expirydate on everthing I do.

Strictly speaking, I should give my username an expiry date and then have to come up with another.

lol Course poor old Zack didn't have much choice. When he went and hi'self MVP'd and then was publicly congratulated on the board, the jig was pretty much up :)

You know, it's funny though. I met this great group of people, and most of them asked, "where are you from? What's your name?" Of course I told them I went by 'firefytr'. They said, "who?" I guess either my circles were far too small (which, of course they probably are) or the name was spelled so funny (my polite way of putting it :rolleyes: ) nobody recognized it or bothered to remember it. Maybe I was just being vain though.. :eeek:

I use my real name :)

I use a number of 'screen' names on other forums, but here (to some extent) i trust people more

I actually suffered real life torment from a forum troll who got hold of my personal details through me using my real name and sent death threats to my family purely because of an internet disagreement.

Despite this, I have enough faith in mankind to be open and honest - and unless someone is going to send evil VBA code to my doorstep, I'm pretty sure I'm safe on MrExcel :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Luis_Macros

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back