What's in a name?

Patience ... sadly in the world we live in beautiful women such as yourself must exercise that kind of caution. Us homely old blokes haven't much worry in that area.

Excel Facts

Spell Check in Excel
Press F7 to start spell check in Excel. Be careful, by default, Excel does not check Capitalized Werds (whoops)
Patience ... sadly in the world we live in beautiful women such as yourself must exercise that kind of caution. Us homely old blokes haven't much worry in that area.

Speak for yourself, I had to buy myself a new cattle prod to keep all those young ladies at bay when I first used my real name on the board!!! :biggrin:

This HARPOON (Having Avatars (Real) Plus Our Own Names) movement sounds like a threat to DRAFT.

Personally I use my real nickname. People who know me will know who I am and those that don’t will not. It’s unusual enough to be pretty unique and retain my “online identity” whilst being arbitrary enough to make me tricky to identify.

I've used 'spidery' or variations on that for so long it feels like it's my real name. (I ended up with '6' on the end because I was pre-empted in my uniqueness by 6 other - 1 thru 5 plus the unnumbered bloke).
Plus I like the enigmatic allure, especially as most think it's a reference to spiderman.

Andy
PS 'howzat?' to fellow Kiwi, Andrew

Last edited:
Yes, congrats indeed Bryony! That's wonderful news!!

HARPOON.. hmm, sounds deadly. LOL! 'DRAFT HARPOON', eh? Compliment indeed. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Luis_Macros

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back