What do you use your Scotch Tape for?

Interesting - no one indicated using it to affix receipts to 8½×11 (or A4) paper to turn them in for expense reporting. Even when doing this for my own accounting I find it handy to tape receipts to standard sheets of paper before filing them.

For me the other common use for Scotch tape (other than the obvious ones like mending a torn piece of paper or page in a book) is when the battery door for some gadget has come loose or a tab broke off and the door will no longer stay in place without a little help.

Excel Facts

Will the fill handle fill 1, 2, 3?
Yes! Type 1 in a cell. Hold down Ctrl while you drag the fill handle.
Our Scotch tape (when we actually have any) is used to create elaborate parent (and pet) traps in the living room.

SuperFerret mentioned cling wrap - we used to have great big rolls of the stuff for securing pallets. I once snagged a near empty roll, and one morning before heading out climbing my boss and I taped his girlfriend into bed while she was still asleep. She was still yelling 8 hours later when we got back. :LOL:

Last edited:
...taped his girlfriend into bed while she was still asleep. She was still yelling 8 hours later when we got back...
Wow. You'd think she'd either be in dire need of *ahem* facilities by then, or would be extremely uncomfortable...

Oh no, she managed to wriggle free after an hour or so, but there was hell to pay when we got back. After that the only way to shut her up was to get her fed & drunk (glad she wasn't mine).

Oh no, she managed to wriggle free after an hour or so, but there was hell to pay when we got back. After that the only way to shut her up was to get her fed & drunk (glad she wasn't mine).
I'm surprised you dared to go back. I don't think I would have...

SuperFerret mentioned cling wrap

Cling film and it's various uses in pranks :biggrin:

I mentioned this conversation to my brother, who informed me (with some glee) that he used to use Scotch Tape to repair his Remote Control Racing Car when they used to go to meets... I think he said he had one car where almost the entire shell was Scotch tape by the end ;)

I mentioned this conversation to my brother, who informed me (with some glee) that he used to use Scotch Tape to repair his Remote Control Racing Car when they used to go to meets... I think he said he had one car where almost the entire shell was Scotch tape by the end ;)

My old secretary's boyfriend is a motorcycle racer and uses what they call a "rat bike", something someone's wrecked, so the bodywork is FUBAR'd, but it's mechanically sound. It's literally held together with green painter's tape (which is a nice contrast to the primer gray bodywork).

My old secretary's boyfriend is a motorcycle racer and uses what they call a "rat bike", something someone's wrecked, so the bodywork is FUBAR'd, but it's mechanically sound. It's literally held together with green painter's tape (which is a nice contrast to the primer gray bodywork).

I know it isn't scotch tape, but Mythbusters proved that you can hold a car together with Duct Tape. They also proved a LOT of things with Duct Tape. That stuff is amazing.

Ahhh, duct tape, next to a dog it's man's best friend, and there should be several rolls throughout the house.

"Remember, if the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy." - Red Green

Duct tape is like The Force, it has a dark side, a light side and holds the world together.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xuebohan

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back