What do you do for a living?

It is very interesting to know members from different parts of the world visiting MrExcel and posting in this thread | I am seeing most of them for the first time here on the board and the fact is they were here even before us but never showed themselves until today !! Nice going :-D

Excel Facts

Whats the difference between CONCAT and CONCATENATE?
The newer CONCAT function can reference a range of cells. =CONCATENATE(A1,A2,A3,A4,A5) becomes =CONCAT(A1:A5)
Well, I see some folks posting their work hours as well as the job. Far as I can tell the only hours that beat my schedule would be achieved through retirement. (Which is only about 5 more years away! :biggrin: )
Until then it's 6AM to 2PM, Monday through Friday. And considering most of what I do is monitor our scada system to make sure it's doing all the work (just like we designed it to), it's a pretty good gig!

I also get asked to do whatever anyone wants done in Excel (and they're catching on to what all it can do!!!) so no one is bothered at all about my time spent on the board here. And they have no idea what I do to make things work, they just think it's magic. (Every once in a while I'll throw in something really mind boggling just to keep up the illusion.) ;)

Nyanko -- the one thing I learnt from helping out the HR dept in my old place was that no-one in HR could agree with the Directors on how to calculate turnover !

Too true... turnover and holiday entitlement - guarenteed to make everyone in the office look super busy. No one has any clue about either !!

And they have no idea what I do to make things work, they just think it's magic. (Every once in a while I'll throw in something really mind boggling just to keep up the illusion.) ;)

*grin* gotta keep up the razzel dazzel. I also give longer deadlines on purpose if something look complicated .... but always manage to get it completed before then and save the day :D

WARNING - Pregnancy and complexity do not mix. Any randomness or stupidity is the fault of the hormones... honest !!

Nyanko, your signature seems to be very interesting but I am finding it a bit hard to understand it properly. Could you please help me with that ? :)

Sorry for being dumb (my english is not very good).

Nyanko, your signature seems to be very interesting but I am finding it a bit hard to understand it properly. Could you please help me with that ? :)

Sorry for being dumb (my english is not very good).

I'm currently 6 months pregnant and sometimes get a bit stupid with simple questions, never mind the complex stuff. So if I post dumb stuff don't blame me - blame the hormones :D

Preggy brain is a well-known condition. One of my colleagues got pregnant a couple of months after me, and thought I was just making excuses about why I was forgetting things, until it hit her too!

"Preggy Brain" is a very real and puzzling condition...

Moreover beware the "Preggy Chair" in your office... in under two years the "Preggy Chair" in my office cast it's spell THREE times... as a colleague the "Preggy Brain" can be difficult to deal with and can result in more work fixing the work of those affected therefore if you ever find such a chair in your office be sure to dispose of it promptly (and covertly) so as to avoid any extra work coming your way! (just don't tell the girls you've moved it / gotten rid of it)

("Preggy Chair" aka "The Duff Chair" for obvious reasons (in the UK))

Luke, I don't know how to break this to you... sometimes when Mummies and Daddies are feeling very loving they have a special cuddle...

I'm completely bemused by this case. Anyone got some teenagers who could give them lessons on how to have illicit sex without getting caught?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GunsofBrixton

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back