What are your favorite keyboard short cuts?

As another non-Excel one Ctrl+Escape is one I use to bring up the Start menu, probably redundant in Vista.

Dom

Thats what the windows button is for?

Excel Facts

Back into an answer in Excel
Use Data, What-If Analysis, Goal Seek to find the correct input cell value to reach a desired result
As Bob said, old habits die hard and I never had one of those on my keyboard until relatively recently.

Having been yet unable to find a keyboard shortcut to increase/decrease the number of decimals
For me it's
  • CTRL+SHIFT+!
  • Click the decrease decimal button on my toolbar<sub>xl03</sub> or the QAT<sub>xl07</sub>
I keep thinking I'll get around to just writing a macro to hotkey this somewhere, but I never seem to get around to it... :rolleyes:

Pressing Windows+D again returns all screens to the previous state.
Well, there you have it -- I didn't know that [obviously].

I've also taken to using [windows]+L (lock screen) since we have a few wiseguys in the office that - if you leave your machine unlocked - have been known to hop on to your unprotected machine and send out e-mails with messages like "I feel like a pretty pink ballerina today!"
I work in a bank and if you don't lock your screen, unscrupulous coworkers can do a lot worse. Yet, some coworkers don't seem to understand that locking the screen is for their benefit. :eeek:

A colleague's machine farts every time he gets an email due to his inability to lock a workstation...

A colleague's machine farts every time he gets an email due to his inability to lock a workstation...

:rofl:

And, do tell, Mr. Archibald, is there anyone besides yourself in the office that might possess the technical expertise needed to make this happen? :huh:

I work in a bank and if you don't lock your screen, unscrupulous coworkers can do a lot worse. Yet, some coworkers don't seem to understand that locking the screen is for their benefit. :eeek:

I won't tell you what I did when I was a lot younger and working for a bank where people regularly forgot to sign off their session on the terminals :diablo:.

In my defence I was very bored.

I won't tell you what I did when I was a lot younger and working for a bank where people regularly forgot to sign off their session on the terminals :diablo:.

In my defence I was very bored.
I'm intrigued. :cool:

I'm not all that young, but I am immature.

I modified one our instructors outlook to do something similar, as she taught outlook bombarded her with emails which then played the clip from Crank Yankers- I Got Mail Yeahhhh

Also would go and put in their start up folder a modified blank workbook that had some wonderful conditional formating setup up.

I always used Ctrl Alt Del followed by Enter to lock my machine.

:rofl:

And, do tell, Mr. Archibald, is there anyone besides yourself in the office that might possess the technical expertise needed to make this happen? :huh:

Erm, yes, probably, yer Honour..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xel003

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back