Very tricky formula required

Oh--on the more "cutesy" side of the spectrum, one year he got me a stuffed animal. It's a cute/pitiful looking dog giving the puppy eyes and holding a little heart that says "I Wuff You."

And I absolutely love it. It's on a shelf in my bedroom, actually :)

Excel Facts

Create a Pivot Table on a Map
If your data has zip codes, postal codes, or city names, select the data and use Insert, 3D Map. (Found to right of chart icons).
Kristy

"cricket-licket" (a ****** with a real (dead) cricket in the middle)

Forgive my ignorance - what's a 'cricket-licket'?

Just what I said: a ****** with a real (dead) cricket in the middle. I'm not joking.

I haven't seen them in what seems like eons, but just found this on a quick search. Seems they still make them!
http://www.hotlix.com/

Richard,

See, there's this thing called a "search engine". You can type stuff like "cricket-licket" into a control called a "textbox" click a button and voilá.

<sup>edit</sup> Fastest friggin' cat fer typin' that I ever did come across... <sub>/edit</sub>

Oh--on the more "cutesy" side of the spectrum, one year he got me a stuffed animal. It's a cute/pitiful looking dog giving the puppy eyes and holding a little heart that says "I Wuff You."

And I absolutely love it. It's on a shelf in my bedroom, actually :)

I thought there was something else to this, but just now remembered what it was. So...I got the aforementioned cutesy stuffed animal--but attached to it was a balloon. That balloon had Opus and Bill (link mainly for Erik's sake ;) ). Opus (the penguin) had his hands around Bill's neck and was shaking it--the text on the balloon read "You WILL be mine!"

I still have that balloon, come to think of it. It's folded up and stuck in a photo album.

Now to me, personally, that "gift of time" thing just screams "sappy." The type of sappy that somewhat annoys me and makes me roll my eyes. I'm quite sure that's not coming off very nicely, but I'm not trying to put the idea down, really. It's a cutesy idea and and if it works out for you, fantastic.

It is really sappy. However, if you knew what we were going through before the Holidays then I guess you would have understood better.

Honestly, I think we could give all the ideas in the world and it's not really going to matter much since we don't know the person in question.
This is the same point I was trying to point out in a much different way. It sometimes is not about the person as much as the situation.

disclaimer: I was in no way trying to say that he should give her time.. I was merely saying that sometimes the best gifts don't involve money.

Now to me, personally, that "gift of time" thing just screams "sappy." The type of sappy that somewhat annoys me and makes me roll my eyes. I'm quite sure that's not coming off very nicely, but I'm not trying to put the idea down, really. It's a cutesy idea and and if it works out for you, fantastic.

It is really sappy. However, if you knew what we were going through before the Holidays then I guess you would have understood better.

Oh no, I understood it. Cute, thoughtful and loverly, it is. It's still sappy, though in certain cases that's the best route :)

Richard,

See, there's this thing called a "search engine". You can type stuff like "cricket-licket" into a control called a "textbox" click a button and voilá.

<sup>edit</sup> Fastest friggin' cat fer typin' that I ever did come across... <sub>/edit</sub>
~Greg T

and then:

Slooooooooowpoooooooooke.
~Von Pookie

Now, you see Kristy, Greg woulda got his reply above in before either you or I had completed our little exchange, if only the poor old guy hadn't dropped off for his afternoon nap over his desk. I don't think he deserves to be made fun of over it.

:lol:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gatje

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back