Very tricky formula required

Cunning plan Andrew, I like it :lol: Oh, and I wouldn't let Richard anywhere near my sister...!

Rich, I think you'll find the English girls find us Saffa's a refreshing change to the usual pomm! :diablo:

Erik, you are very right, I've only known her a few weeks and she hasn't given me any clues!

In keeping with Andrew's logic - I think I'll buy her a glider! :-D

Excel Facts

Repeat Last Command
Pressing F4 adds dollar signs when editing a formula. When not editing, F4 repeats last command.
I've only known her a few weeks and she hasn't given me any clues!
then give her flowers
(do not make it expensive)
if you choose the wrong types and colors, she will quit (that's not bad: better break up early than too late, you can still be good friends)
if you choose the good ones, you will be a step further

you could offer something you've made yourself along with the flowers
(poem, song, drawing, ...)
if you choose the wrong words and ....
if you choose the good ones ...

Erik, I have 10 thumbs so not sure about making anything. But the flowers idea is a definite go, but I suspect she's expecting more.

Everyone else suggests jewellery and / or perfume, but that's too slushy!

Just found out it's her birthday in less than a month too! :roll: Double dilema!

A straw bale would've done fine if I had stuck it out with Betty & Flossy! :lol:

I suspect she's expecting more
why would she expect more :huh: :oops:

A straw bale would've done fine
here you're hitting the nail on the top !!
sometimes we offer things and can not even imagine what the person who recieves it can do with it or will feel about it

We do not even know everything what a straw bale can be used for !!!
coincidence ? yesterday I met a guy who explained me how straw bales can be used to build houses :warning: He gave me his websiteaddress: really interesting
www.carbonismoney.com

kind regards,
Erik

Ok, maybe she's not expecting more but I run the risk of coming across as tight...

Yes I saw a documentary on Saturday about a house they built in Friesland where they built the timber frame, filled it with straw bales and then sprayed it with plaster paint. Apparently the insulation is great and it actually looks really good.

But I reckon the rats will like it equally! :roll:

If you have only known her for a short period of time, it needs to be whimsical without being overly expensive and show at least that you were paying attention to her. So think back to anything she said she like, watched, read, did etc, and buy her something in relation to that. At the very least it shows you are playing head-up ball.

I'm adopting a penguin for my lovely lady for christmas from here

http://www.falklandsconservation.com/peng_adopt.html

but then we both like penguins so maybe that's more relevant for us. you can adopt pretty much any animal though so if there is something she likes it might be an idea.

Also has her birthday a couple of weeks after so i know how you feel. Gonna be expensive too, my birthday's around the same time and she's taking me away for a weekend in Venice. Have to step up the game a little.

Can you take her round the shops to look for presents for other people you're buying for saying you need her womans intuition. Might give you some more ideas about what she'd like.

HTH

Nick

Nick, great idea! (1) it's for a good cause (2) she cannot appear disappointed for fear of coming across as immoral (3) I like penguins!

And I think I'll take her shopping and let her choose something she likes...

Thanks for the suggestions, especially A's suggestion of MrExcel Tips! That would go down reeaaaaaaaal well!!! :lol: I think if I got her that I wouldn't have to worry about her birthday at all..! :wink:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DolonG

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back