Very tricky formula required

Well I'm bringing this back to the top :-D

Seems as though her favourite hobbie is dancing Salsa and Ballroom (but I can't do either). Otherwise she's into cycling, swimming and running! So I assume she already has a bicylce, swim suite and traininers! Any other useful accessory that may make a nice present that anybody can think of? :-?

So far I'm thinking flowers and taking her to a posh ballet in London city...

Oh, she also has two cats that she loves to bits, maybe something there?

Excel Facts

How to change case of text in Excel?
Use =UPPER() for upper case, =LOWER() for lower case, and =PROPER() for proper case. PROPER won't capitalize second c in Mccartney
KITTY! Hee. No sound on the PC at work, but I do know what that video is. Aaaaaand are we surprised? (No, I suspect we are not.) That is actually quoted around the house now and then, though only with one of the cats in particular (for those not playing along at home we have 4 cats, total).

As far as the present ideas go: flowers are a pretty safe bet, though you may want to find out if she is allergic to anything before you go through with that. (Not trying to downplay the idea, but better safe than to give her the flowers and have her sneezing all over you.)

And I would say worry more about spending too *much* rather than too little. I mean, it's only been six weeks. I doubt she's looking for diamonds or anything extravagant at this point (but then again, I don't know her...).

Going the hobby route is a pretty good way to go, too. You could get her something small that would apply to one of the sporty hobbies.

Seems as though her favourite hobbie is dancing Salsa and Ballroom (but I can't do either).
You could get dance lessons that the both of you could go to...?

Aww you definatly need to be able to hear the sound... that was what made it so hilarious.... Of course it could just be I am sick and delerious and that why I am so entertained.

Oh no--I *have* heard the sound before, believe me. At this point I don't need the sound to know what that video is :)

And I would say worry more about spending too *much* rather than too little. I mean, it's only been six weeks. I doubt she's looking for diamonds or anything extravagant at this point (but then again, I don't know her...).
this morning I typed a reply in my mind but didn't send it

what would you give if you both were very poor ?

do not try to "buy" love, not by gifts nor by acts
just stay natural and go slowly

then you will not be hurt too much, when it appears you are not made for each other

Must admit, I'm a bit surprised. I though Pookie would offer up a nifty idea for a gift that would be especially pleasing to cat-lovers. But maybe that's Kristy's way of saying that whole path is rather a bad idea?

Not really--I just can't think of anything. It's one thing if we're talking about someone I know and have some idea of what they like, but seeing as we're not....no idear.

Of course, my family is of the variety that gets presents for the pets. Oh, there you go: you could go the route of getting something for the girlfriend and then a couple of "presents" (read: little cat toys) for the cats as well.

I have to agree mostly with Erik on this one. If you are too worried about impressing her with the money you spend on her then you may want to flip your priorities in the relationship. It is early in the relationship. Something more than something on a whim is likely to not only put you in bad shape but may scare off the girl. No sense in beating yourself out of the game. If you are going to lose the game let it happen don't make it happen.

Edit~ Add following

Take note that when my wife and I started dating we were both in college and not very well off financially. She and I the first Christmas gave the gift of time to each other. We had been very busy previous to the Holidays, and giving my g/f, at the time, my time in the following semester was the best thing I could have ever done.

Honestly, I think we could give all the ideas in the world and it's not really going to matter much since we don't know the person in question.

Now to me, personally, that "gift of time" thing just screams "sappy." The type of sappy that somewhat annoys me and makes me roll my eyes. I'm quite sure that's not coming off very nicely, but I'm not trying to put the idea down, really. It's a cutesy idea and and if it works out for you, fantastic.

But it's all just going to come down to something that would fit for *her* and Jon's the only one who can figure that part out (I'm assuming ;) ).

For instance, the very first present I got for my first Valentine's Day with my then-boyfriend-of-only-1-week (who is now my husband) was a Beatles guitar book and "cricket-licket" (a ****** with a real (dead) cricket in the middle). And I was perfectly happy with *both* things. He nailed it perfectly as I am (a) a Beatle-freak and (b) weird. Covered all the bases, I guess :laugh:

And before anyone asks: no, I did not eat the ******. I did keep it in my locker, though (yes, we're talking about high school, here)--it eventually melted/disintegrated and the shelf got all sticky. Come to think of it I don't even have that guitar book--or a guitar--now. Oh well. I did use it, though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DolonG

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back