The best signatures

Ok, I've finally had time to sort out the polls!! I've taken Andrew's suggestion and created 3 seperate polls (I'm dropping the binary talk now, it's hurting my head!!)

The polls will run for 7 days...unfortunately, there is a restriction of 100 characters on the poll options so a small number of quotes did not fit fully. I have tried to condense these wherever possible without losing the meaning.......But the full list is in this thread if you want to read them in their original state!

In the interest of equality, I have simply put the quotes on the polls in alphabetical order of user name....due to an embarrasing case of miscounting on my part, the first two polls have eight options each and the third has ten options :oops:

Anyway, after the 7 day poll period, I will take the top 3 from each poll (and top four from the third one to even things up) which will then go on to battle it out for the number one spot!

Get voting :)

http://www.mrexcel.com/forum/showthread.php?t=310743
http://www.mrexcel.com/forum/showthread.php?t=310744
http://www.mrexcel.com/forum/showthread.php?t=310745

Excel Facts

Using Function Arguments with nested formulas
If writing INDEX in Func. Arguments, type MATCH(. Use the mouse to click inside MATCH in the formula bar. Dialog switches to MATCH.
I've just realised that by pure coincidence, the polls will close on April 1st........I would like to assure everyone that this was not intentional and should in no way be construed as a potential April fool's joke.

Having cleared that up, it's nice to see so many voters, I think this one could be a close race to the finish!!! :outtahere:

I also noticed that your signature is leading its poll.

Coincidence? ;)

Actually, I’m surprised that mine was even nominated……I am humbled :)

Expiry's sig just caught my eye:

I have a pet Raven, which laid an egg the other day. I was trying to calculate how many Ravens I would have if her egg hatched, but I had no paper to write on. So, I scribbled my calculations on the egg, but that was fresh and hadn't even gone hard yet.

I still managed to work out that I would have 2 Ravens, by using My Crow's Soft Egg-Shell.

I'm not sure if it's brilliant,good, bad or truly gut wrenchingly terrible but worth an honourable mention.

Dom

Expiry's sig just caught my eye:

I'm not sure if it's brilliant,good, bad or truly gut wrenchingly terrible but worth an honourable mention.

Dom

Ok, it took me a couple of times through to get that one! :oops:

1st read - "What the .......???" :huh:

2nd read - "Oh I get it" :roll:

3rd read - "Groan" :-?

I think it definately qualifies as a groaner!! But a good effort none-the-less!! Good spot!

I bet Patienc'es signature might have been in with a chance if anyone could understand it :)

I feel so thick sometimes. I don't even know what language it is.

Not surprising really as the binary thing is almost beyond me!:huh:

Uva uvam vivendo varia fit

It looks like latin to me, isnt 'Uva' something to do with eggs, and 'vivendo something you keep snakes in?

Based on that, it must mean 'keep your snake eggs in a vivarium that's big enough'

Not very funny after all :confused:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tstefanakis

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back