The best signatures

Excel Facts

Why does 9 mean SUM in SUBTOTAL?
It is because Sum is the 9th alphabetically in Average, Count, CountA, Max, Min, Product, StDev.S, StDev.P, Sum, VAR.S, VAR.P.
Ok, as this thread is starting to go off track now, I think it’s time to tally up. So, we have 11010 nominations………The polls only allow 1010 options so if we want to have a proper vote, we’re gonna need to whittle these down a bit. Anyone have any ideas how?!!!
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
Nominations short list is (in alphabetical order of username):
<o:p></o:p>
al b cnu - There are 10 kinds of people: Those who understand binary and those who don’t<o:p></o:p>
Andrew Fergus - I'd rather have full bottle in front of me than a full frontal lobotomy<o:p></o:p>
Atmospheric - I got a sweater for Christmas. I really wanted a screamer or a moaner.<o:p></o:p>
Baaz - A bend in the road is not the end of the road… unless you fail to make the turn...<o:p></o:p>
BrianB - Most problems occur from starting at the wrong place. Use a cup of coffee to speed
up all Windows processes. It is easy until you know how.<o:p></o:p>
Cbrine - I'm generalizing from a single example, but everyone does. At least I do.<o:p></o:p>
cmart02 - <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:place w:st="on">Opportunity</st1:place> is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work - Thomas Edison.<o:p></o:p>
Dom Hill - My dog Minton ate a shuttlecock the other day...bad Minton!!!<o:p></o:p>
Domski - Has anyone seen my wagon? I appear to have fallen off it and it bloody hurt!!!<o:p></o:p>
FIFARAY007 - Consultant's Motto: You can have things done Fast, Right, or Cheap. Pick 2.
gaftalik - He who asks a question is a fool for five minutes; he who does not ask a question remains a fool forever.<o:p></o:p>
Gerald Higgins - =TODAY() is the =TODAY()+1 you worried about =TODAY()-1<o:p></o:p>
Glaswegian - The length of a minute depends on which side of the bathroom door you’re on.<o:p></o:p>
GrayMPA - If all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail<o:p></o:p>
HOTPEPPER - Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?<o:p></o:p>
HOTPEPPER - If you get addicted to counseling, how do they cure you?<o:p></o:p>
Jon von der Heyden - Ten good reasons why I procrastinate: 1.<o:p></o:p>
Lewiy - Work fascinates me........I could sit and watch it for hours!<o:p></o:p>
mercmannick - Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.<o:p></o:p>
Nimrod - ...........Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark, professionals built the Titanic...............The easiest thing to find is fault, don't be easy !.. –
Anonymous-- ...
pennysaver - Every once in a while, there's a sudden gust of gravity...<o:p></o:p>
RichardS - If absence makes the heart grow fonder and familiarity breeds contempt, perhaps my wife should live in <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Darwin</st1:place></st1:City>?<o:p></o:p>
Ron Morris - I thought I was wrong once but I was mistaken!<o:p></o:p>
scrupul0us - I'm not an alcoholic... alcoholics go to meetings<o:p></o:p>
silent bob - Change is inevitable, except from vending machines<o:p></o:p>
UniMord - If you can't say something positive, at least say two negative things. It works with SUMPRODUCT; I'm sure it works elsewhere too!

Ok, as this thread is starting to go off track now, I think it’s time to tally up. So, we have 11010 nominations………The polls only allow 1010 options so if we want to have a proper vote, we’re gonna need to whittle these down a bit. Anyone have any ideas how?!!!
Is that binary then?

Can I nominate one from another board? If not, I want to post it anyway....quite the good one.

"You lick the lollipop of mediocrity once and you'll suck forever." - Puttin4Bird (@ Sandtrap.com):rofl:

Anyone have any ideas how

I don't know if this will work cos I haven't checked (what a great way to start a post!) but take the 1010 of so from that list that have had the most positive votes so far in this thread?

Last edited:
I don't know if this will work cos I haven't checked (what a great way to start a post!) but take the 1010 of so from that list that have had the most positive votes so far in this thread?

Looks like I might have to sit down and really go through the nominations properly then!! Shame I can’t post the poll options in hex…..I’m sure it would let me do 1A options…..
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
Watch this space!!

The "He who asks a question is a fool for five minutes" signature reminded me of another :

Give a man a fire and he will be warm for a night, but if you set a man on fire......

Regarding the use of a poll - create 11 polls each with 1010 options and then the top 10 from each can fight it out in the final poll.

Last edited:
Not quite a signature, but one of my favorite quotes....

Once you accept that the universe is matter expanding into nothing that is something, then wearing stripes with plaid is easy.

Einstein

:-)

PS-My entry was a rather bad attempt to re-create a great bit of writing by Terry Brooks...When a book can make you chuckle to yourself, it's a good book!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tstefanakis

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back