Thank you! Thank who? Thank when?

Excel Facts

Format cells as time
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+2 to format cells as time. (Shift 2 is the @ sign).
Quote from Half Ace:
if you expect the worst you’re rarely disappointed and are occasionally pleasantly surprised.

That statement seems a bit familiar, only stated a bit more eloquently that mine. Guess that's why I am a programmer, and not a writer!
:wink:

Hey, I didn't see my name...must have been an oversight...
<s>-Tom -Tim -Ted</s> -Todd Bardoni

Or maybe you're just too pretty. :-D

<hr />

On a more serious note (and trying to avoid de-railing another thread) to address the issue Erik raised. If the problem is quite complex and it entailed a lot of thought to create a formula or the VBA to do it, then yes, I really appreciate a "thanks, that worked". But I don't really expect it. I appreciate it when people remember to use their turn signals, too. But that don't always happen, either. There are many instances throughout the day when a little courtesy brightens my day. But were I to expect courtesy out of everyone who crossed my path; I reckon I'd become as sour as month-old milk.

Do you reckon that some day we'll see a post in the lounge from a member complaining that he always says "thanks" and no one ever writes back with a "you're welcome"? I do recall one member that always posted "you're welcome" any time some did say "thank you". At the time I thought he was trying to inflate his post-count. Maybe I was too cynical and he was just minding his manners???

lenze said:
Have you noticed the stars under some people's avatars? This is an indication of the number of post to the board, without regard to quality. (Tracy, correct me if I'm wrong).

I'm not Tracy, but you are correct. Stars mean nothing, basically.

I do recall one member that always posted "you're welcome" any time some did say "thank you". At the time I thought he was trying to inflate his post-count. Maybe I was too cynical and he was just minding his manners??

I do try to say "You're welcome" and I never thought of the number of posts came into it. The reason I say this is while under my name the number of posts goes up each time I open my mouth (usually to accomodate my big feet), when I look at my posts to see if there is any further response, the messages found differs and is quite a number fewer. For example, excluding this one, under my name there are 141 but a search reveals 101, so the system seems to be excluding all the courtesy messages :-D Now that is what I call programming!

lenze said:
Have you noticed the stars under some people's avatars? This is an indication of the number of post to the board, without regard to quality. (Tracy, correct me if I'm wrong).

I'm not Tracy, but you are correct. Stars mean nothing, basically.

Hmmmm......I resemble that remark!

BTW

It just added another post to my count! :lol:

For example, excluding this one, under my name there are 141 but a search reveals 101, so the system seems to be excluding all the courtesy messages Now that is what I call programming!
Not quite. When you do a Search for your name, it returns the number of threads you have responded to, not the number of responses you have made. As you probably have replied to some threads more than once, the total number of threads will always be less than the total number of your responses.

But I don't really expect it. I appreciate it when people remember to use their turn signals, too. But that don't always happen, either. There are many instances throughout the day when a little courtesy brightens my day.
Greg,
Now you've touched on one of my big pet peeves! I'll take this one step furhter. Using turn signals is more than just common courtesy, its the freakin' law! (Sorry, I was tailgated all the way in to work this morning, and am a little riled up!). I don't care if people put themselves in danger, but when they put me and my family in danger, I get pretty defensive.

Thanks for the clarification, JM. And I too get peeved with bad driving for exactly the same reason. People just don't seem to realise that they are in control (supposedly) of a very heavy piece of equipment which takes time to stop. The law in most of Europe requires a distance of 50 metres on motorways/autoroutes/highways, but I guess most men (and it is men who are usually the tailgaters) just can't measure.

(What was this thread about?)

(What was this thread about?)
Yes, it doesn't take long for us to go off on a tangent, does it?
:roll:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lukmana_sam

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back