New Microsoft Excel MVP Greg Truby!

I assume that this is some reference to the "Zoolander" movie

Right. Ben Stiller plays the title character, Derek Zoolander, a male model. One of Derek's faults is that he's not an "ambiturner" because he can't turn left (as models only turn to the right at the end of the runway).

Excel Facts

Repeat Last Command
Pressing F4 adds dollar signs when editing a formula. When not editing, F4 repeats last command.
Zoolander was a model, and his weakness was that he couldn't turn left when walking the runway as a model. He could only turn right. Yes it's rediculous, but that's the movie...

Vlookup can't read from right to left, only left to right, therfor it's Zoolander Challenged..

It's really a hallarious reference.

Right. Ben Stiller plays the title character, Derek Zoolander, a male model. One of Derek's faults is that he's not an "ambiturner" because he can't turn left (as models only turn to the right at the end of the runway).
Thank you!

Very clever reference!

Taking this thread off topic is surely the biggest compliment yet!
It was the least I could do!

where do you get these words from, Mr. Greg ? I see them, forget about hearing & understanding them, for the first time in my entire life. I reckon, you excel in Literature as well
I think "words" should be in quotes
Believe it or not, I actually did a little research before using the term. I originally spelled it "geewhillackers", but that returned only four hits on google. Google suggested the "gee willikers" spelling, which yields 26,100 results.

And I do occasionally read literature from the 19th century, which does help boost one’s vocabulary and exposes one to a greater variety of prose than one gets reading contemporary writings. However I am sure hatman could put me to shame.

And yes, Joe’s diversion is appreciated. Would not three pages of naught but “attaboys” be tedious? I would be incensed if this thread had stayed on topic the whole time. :biggrin:

So close to a 'Googlewhack' with the 'geeewhillackers' search! Such a shame.

Another source of vocabulary expansion is PMQ's. This stands for Prime Minister Questions and is an opportunity for members of parliament to put questions to the PM (funnily enough). It can somtimes be a little boring but when there is something interesting or contentious to debate, it involves members of the house deriding each other without actually swearing. The word play can be brilliant at times. I'm sure the highlights can be accessed via the BBC.

For some reason every time I see “deleterious” the phrase “honest, Officer, I had no idea...” springs to mind. Must remind of “delict” or “delinquency” somehow. :biggrin:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Warwick89

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back