New Microsoft Excel MVP Greg Truby!

Greg,

What is different for you with the MS MVP?

Interestedly (!) curious, Fazza

Fazza,

Here is a general overview of the MVP program that describes the program and the benefits much more complete than I could hope to do.

https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/

As for my personal reaction - it's pretty darned :cool:. I'm still trying to familiarize myself with the technical resources they put at one's disposal. The Excel MVP's have been very friendly and welcoming - though I'm still pretty much a wallflower (hard to imagine, ain't it).

Last edited:

Excel Facts

How to find 2nd largest value in a column?
MAX finds the largest value. =LARGE(A:A,2) will find the second largest. =SMALL(A:A,3) will find the third smallest
However I am sure hatman could put me to shame

Pish-posh! I'm simply a geek who earned the dubious moniker of "Walking Lexicon" when I was in High School. You, Greg, on the other hand, have a gift for homey prose to rival Mark Twain. A certain turn of phraseology that makes your posts fun and interesting to read even when they happen to embody a tangential divergence from the topic at hand.

And a big Congratulations on your new appointment :beerchug:. I heartily agree with the others who have already stated that it is well deserved. Not sure if I have adequately expressed my heartfelt thanx for all of your help on my own quest to expand my Excel skillz. Every time I thought I had a feel for your skill level within this community, you have always managed to pull out (and expound in great detail upon) some esoteric bit of knowledge, thereby demonstrating just how understated your skills are.

(I wish I had been able to offer my congratulations earlier in this thread, but we had a little trouble with the Oxygen Generator when we tried to power it up on the ISS on the 11th (during my VACATION) that caused me to basically be sequestered in a little room all last week as we tried to work through what was causing the problem, and how to move forward and get the thing turned on.)

(I wish I had been able to offer my congratulations earlier in this thread, but we had a little trouble with the Oxygen Generator when we tried to power it up on the ISS on the 11th (during my VACATION) that caused me to basically be sequestered in a little room all last week as we tried to work through what was causing the problem, and how to move forward and get the thing turned on.)

That, Paul, is what I call a thumper of an excuse. Consider yerself fully pardoned. Go getcherself a nice big slice of blueberry pie (if you don't have any pie in the fridge, I'm sure you have blueberry something around the house). :hungry:

And it's been a while, but if I'm remember correctly, that make you Gary Sinise then. Correct? And the implication of your post is that they didn't let you take your holiday on the ISS :-(

Last edited:
That, Paul, is what I call a thumper of an excuse. Consider yerself fully pardoned. Go getcherself a nice big slice of blueberry pie (if you don't have any pie in the fridge, I'm sure you have blueberry something around the house).

And it's been a while, but if I'm remember correctly, that make you Gary Sinise then. Correct? And the implication of your post is that they didn't let you take your holiday on the ISS :-(

I wouldn't really care to take my holiday on the ISS (suspiciously few blueberries available up there). Actually, I think I would qualify as one of Ed Harris' flunkies, being that I'm on the ground rathe rthan flying as part of the crew. Then again, since my presence is currently off-screen (everything accomplished from a conference room outside of Hartford CT, rather than in the flesh at mission control in Houston) I would probably be better termed Key Grip, or even Best Boy.

As for blueberry something, we've been rained out the last week or so (almost 10 inches), so my blueberry stockpile is mighty scarce. I'm looking forward to picking a gallon or so this afternoon. YUM!

If you think you can, you can.

If you try, you will have 50% chance. Otherwise....

Do you agree?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Luis_Macros

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back