Lunch and smoke breaks

Excel Facts

How can you automate Excel?
Press Alt+F11 from Windows Excel to open the Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) editor.
Well I think think that local shop that sold individual cigarettes to you needs a good slap on the wrist then!!! At least I was legal when I started......think it was about £1.99 for 20 (on the cheap brands)

I was just about to crow victoriously that we finally found out how old you are - and then I realised you started smoking at 11! :shelteredlife:

I remember reading an article on the BBC News website a few years back about smoking breaks at work (can't find it now) and someone wrote in to comment about their policy where they worked, which I think was British Airways. The idea was that you worked from 9 until 5 and had an hour which you could take as breaks. So, non-smokers got a full hour for lunch if they wanted (or two half-hour breaks, etc.) and smokers could take a shorter lunch, say half an hour, and have 3-4 smoke breaks if they were quick.

I think this is an unbelieveably sensible solution. Smokers get their breaks, non-smokers get their choice and everyone gets their flexibility. :D

Yours,
Caring, sharing, about to embark on attempt no. 15 to give up smoking, Bristol Billy Bob.

PS. I started when 20 were £2.60. They're now £5.90. Unless you buy them from the local corner shop, in which case they're about £6.50. Thieving swines.

I've been smoking roll-ups for many years now as tobacco doesn't seem to escalate in price at quite as rapid a rate......25g is only just over £5 now and that does me a week!!

Hehehe. I just re-noticed my 'location' field. I updated that ages ago when I joined the forum, and it's still (sadly) as true today half the time. :)

I've been smoking roll-ups for many years now as tobacco doesn't seem to escalate in price at quite as rapid a rate......25g is only just over £5 now and that does me a week!!

I do that too. I get a Can (about the size of a coffee can) for about $15. That's about equal to 10 packs. Where 10 packs by the carton would be $40-$50.

I also enjoy the conversation's that start. "Hey, what are you smoking over there, is that Wacky Tabacy?"

I get a Can (about the size of a coffee can) for about $15

I was wondering how long it would be before someone started quoting silly low American prices!!! Mind you, I am safe in the knowledge that as a smoker, I am contributing to well-being of the UK government.....god bless their £100k+ vehicles with leather seats, air-con, electric windows and a chauffer.

I do that too. I get a Can (about the size of a coffee can) for about $15. That's about equal to 10 packs. Where 10 packs by the carton would be $40-$50.

I also enjoy the conversation's that start. "Hey, what are you smoking over there, is that Wacky Tabacy?"

I do half and half at the moment. Cigs for work, where I can't be bothered to roll up, and rollies for at home. I think it's a happy medium*.

I loved it when my rollie-smoking friends came to visit when I was living in Canada. The constant harassment by hippies and bums was hilarious. :)

* like Claire Rayner.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Luis_Macros

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back