Lunch and smoke breaks

jonmo - it was the ranty bit that I was objecting to really. I'm a big fan of righteous indignation, but in its place ;)

Excel Facts

Is there a shortcut key for strikethrough?
Ctrl+S is used for Save. Ctrl+5 is used for Strikethrough. Why Ctrl+5? When you use hashmarks to count |||| is 4, strike through to mean 5.
I think part of the justification for the ban on smoking indoors in public is a "greater good" argument. Some smokers will argue it's just as unpleasant for them to be forced not to smoke as it is for a non to have to deal with their smoke. I think it was jonmo who said a page or two ago "if you don't like the smoke, don't come in" - this is perfectly fair until we further examine the situation in the context of a crowd. The issue being raised is that a single person with a cig at the bar effects any patrons near him, the bartender, and possibly any service staff. If full integration was expected, it would fall to this flaw almost immediately.

I personally am all for both smoking and non-smoking sections, and am not sure why they were ruled insufficient. I remember as a kid whenever my family went to a restaurant, I'd always be embarassed at the big fuss my mam made about sitting in non-smoking; but that division seems to have disappeared over the last few years, and subsequently more and more states are doing the enclosed spaces ban.

Second hand smoke? Pretty well-established that it has negative health effects. The misconception that it doesn't is a display of political spin on scientific result, a la "global warming". Primarily the fact referenced is that the actual death toll of second-hand smoke is negligible or non-existant, but this fails in an identical proof that second-hand smoke is "harmless".

Oh, and if you smoke around your kids? Go to hell.

I stopped smoking about five years ago when it was around £5 / $10 for a pack of 20... /quote]

I know this was a long time ago, but just to keep you updated, it's now £5.50-£6 for 20 and £2.50-£3 for 10

Wow. They were 80p for 20 when I started!

Close - 1981. And you could buy single cigarettes for 6p in the local shop.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Luis_Macros

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back