invitation to become a member of DRAFT

how do all of you guys hang out? alaska and missouri are not particularly close to the netherlands.

btw, do you mean grilling or barbecuing? i just wanted to point out that they are not the same thing :)

I have some photos (somewhere around the house) of us barbequing in my backyard (with Brian from Maui no less!) that would confirm he's actually more photogenic than that picture implies.

Excel Facts

How to total the visible cells?
From the first blank cell below a filtered data set, press Alt+=. Instead of SUM, you will get SUBTOTAL(9,)
Greg:
a) EXTREMELY cool! :-D I absolutely enjoyed their company and that of their families. Would do it again in a heartbeat.

b) I'm too late for DRAFT. I shoulda done it when I still looked like myself. (Now I look like my dad. - And he don't 'do' excel!) :lol:

c) Ahh. 10 is a good age, both to be and to parent.
My youngest will be 16 in January.
My middle leaves for college in about two weeks ( :cry: )
And my oldest was just in town visiting for the week with her two young-uns.
My granddaughter is 4 and my grandson is 2. :-D
They just took off thismorning to head back home. :-(

Ben:
If it's any consolation, Brian's from Maui, not Missouri. :lol:
Although I do go to Missouri on occasion to visit my dad and one of my brothers. (Was there about 8 or 10 months ago.) I'll have to look Greg up next time I go.
I somehow got wind (actually, Brian told me) that he and Aladin were thinking about a fishing trip and was able to con them into coming here for what has to be (literally) the best fishing (and the best fish) in the entire known world. (Ever hear of Copper River Red Salmon? - We live near the Copper River...) Also have Alaskan King salmon, Silver salmon, King crab & a host of others.

I guess I wasn't aware there was a difference between grilling and barbecuing. Whatever it's called when we slap some salmon, shrimp, deer and moose steaks on the barbeque grill, that's what we were doing.
The food, the atmosphere and the company were just plain awesome.

Dan,

I'm one exit south on I-29 from KCI. So if you're flying in to or out of Kansas City by any chance, do let me know and at the very least we can meet for a bite to eat somewhere around here. :hungry: (Bit hard to come by moose steaks 'round these parts, though.:-D ) 'course I keep meanin' to PM Shades and meet him for a beer or something sometime and I ain't got around to that either...:roll:

I usually fly into Springfield. Is that anywhere near?
(And howcome Shades gets a beer and all I get is a bite to eat???) :huh:

Next time I make the trip I'll definitely let you know.
Maybe I can bring a few moose steaks down. Enough for us & Shades together. It's been my (considerable) experience that moose meat & beer go quite well with each other. :lol:

Erik,

Sorry to have hi-jacked this thread, but I do have photo's of Aladin, with some hula girls, washing dishes, brewing Turkish coffee, cooking, but not one with a fish! :lol:

Dan and his family were very gracious and wonderful host, especially to people he had never met. Cordova is beautiful and so are Dan and his family, along with Aladin's wife. It was a once in a lifetime experience! Now if I could only get Barrie Davidson to go fishing.... :-D

...And howcome Shades gets a beer and all I get is a bite to eat??? :huh: ...
-HalfAce

Well, that would be 'cause I was thinking your flight might get in during working hours and I try to limit the brewskis 'til after 5:00.

...I do have photo's of Aladin, with some hula girls, washing dishes, brewing Turkish coffee, ...
-Brian from Maui

Ummm, did I miss a link in there somewhere, Brian? You and Dan keep claiming to have photos of Aladin, but you both seem to keep "forgetting" to post any pics or links to pics. We know there was beer and now we hear of hula girls. Perhaps Aladin has some photos of y'all that are keeping you two "forgetful"???

... I do have photo's of Aladin, with some hula girls, washing dishes, brewing Turkish coffee, cooking, but not one with a fish!
-Brian from Maui
But if I'm not mistaken, didn't we get one of him standing in the river fishin' in his skivvies? :diablo:
(I wouldn't swear to it but if we did it'll never make the internet - unless Aladin himself posts it.)
Nobody's ever had a more fun & friendly group of guests. We had an absolute ball.
I can't wait to go visit Brian & family in their part of the world.
I'd go now but I'm afraid I'd never come home. :o
I can only hope that someday I'll get to visit Aladin's part.
As Ben pointed out, the Netherlands are not particularly nearby.

(I don't really know if Aladin has some photos of us that are actually keeping us "forgetful", ...
but he does know where we live!) :laugh:

As Ben pointed out, the Netherlands are not particularly nearby.
Dan,

If you ever get there: you must know that I'm a "neighbour" of Aladin. My house would be open to you. Then can check if my avatar is "real" !

warm regards,
Erik

Hi Erik,
Thanks very much for the invitation. :-D
My wife & I are looking at a (hopefully fairly long) trip through Europe when we retire. That's still a half dozen years off but when we do I will definitely come look you up. Would love to see your area.
And whatever you do, if you find yourself heading toward Alaska I certainly hope you'll let me know. Our house would be your's as well for as long as you like.

Yes, you can upload directly from your machine. That's the only way I have uploaded my avatars as a matter of fact...

But why would an image that loads perfectly well from an URL not load from this PC?

:-? *Bes confused*

Edit - I have just posted my query in the About the Board Forum.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roberto Saveru

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back