I may be alone in this but...

Greg speaks the truth! My sister just had her first. She and my brother in law are lucky if they get 3 hours of solid sleep a night. And the diaper thing... babies poop... a lot. My new nephew likes to go RIGHT after you change him too...

Also, diapers cost a lot as well. Gave my sister a $100 gift card to Target for her diaper-buying-needs... she blew through that in just a matter of days.

Excel Facts

Back into an answer in Excel
Use Data, What-If Analysis, Goal Seek to find the correct input cell value to reach a desired result
Dammit ......

..... don't burst my bubble, guys. I just keep repeating to myself that everything WILL be amazing and maybe I'll have some extra time to learn another language too.

[/denial]

...Gave my sister a $100 gift card to Target for her diaper-buying-needs...
LOL - before we had kids I was in the "give them a cute outfit camp". After having kids, I am in the "give them a couple of packs of diapers and a gift card" camp. The diapers *will* be used whereas the cute outfit may or may not be used more than once or twice before it's outgrown. And to my mind, a new parent faces plenty of drudgery as it is. Shopping for a new baby outfit is one of the few pleasures of having a newborn. So if they want to spend the gift card on that, then great. And if money is tight, they can use the gift card on necessities.

Buy cloth nappies. Save a fortune. And the planet ;)

And breastfeed. Feed baby with one hand, MrExcel with the other. Sorted!

Buy cloth nappies. Save a fortune. And the planet ;)

Does MrExcel need feeding?? :)

Buy cloth nappies. Save a fortune. And the planet.
Never have seen a definitive study -- is the environmental impact of the cloth nappies lower? By the time you factor in the water & energy usage of the cleaning? And, personally? I never *volunteered* to change a doogie diaper. Got drafted a few times... Pee'd no prob, but fully loaded? Huh uh. Nonetheless I learned that you *always* have the new diaper unfolded and ready to go, the wipes out of the box and ready and the cap off the diaper rash ointment before you crack the seal on the diaper-in-use.
And if you make a post that's naught but 8,426 spaces, we'll know that you fell asleep and your head is resting on the space bar.

There was a study published a couple of years ago, but it was based on people using terry nappies rather than the modern ones (because of small sample sizes), and some of the assumptions got quite weird (ironing the nappies etc). The outcome was that disposables and cloth had roughly the same impact (with their assumptions) but that consumers can reduce the impact of cloth by eg not tumble drying (or ironing), washing at lower temperatures, but that only manufacturers can reduce the impact of disposables.

And what's the big problem with pooey nappies? Breastfed poo doesn't smell and just soaks into the nappy (with cloth, anyway), so it all just goes straight in the washing machine. And once they're on solids, it's solid, and just falls neatly into the toilet. (Although I will admit that the first couple of weeks of weaning is a bit grim poowise ;) )

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Luis_Macros

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back