I may be alone in this but...

And regarding some of our "whoa, that's purdy, right dere" moments -- see this thread from three years ago; which was resurrected for a bit last spring. I would actually encourage anyone that still uses XL2003 or lower frequently to peruse the thread if for no other reason than because it features Stephen Dunn's V() UDF.

Greg - how could I have missed that function?! i believe I even posted into that thread at some point. i must have had my 'Stoopid' hat on when i first read the code'cos I didn't get it, but looking at it again it is really clever :-) Thanks!

Excel Facts

What is the shortcut key for Format Selection?
Ctrl+1 (the number one) will open the Format dialog for whatever is selected.
Maybe we should have a thread here to post things that we are proud of that may be worthy of admiration. You guys would understand!
Amen to that! I finally gave up trying to show my wife hours & hours of work by clicking a button that executes hundreds & hundreds of lines of code, only to have her respond with "Oh, neat." (No, no, no! That is waaayyy more than just "neat"!!!) :mad:

Amen to that! I finally gave up trying to show my wife hours & hours of work by clicking a button that executes hundreds & hundreds of lines of code, only to have her respond with "Oh, neat." (No, no, no! That is waaayyy more than just "neat"!!!) :mad:

Oh that is so true.

There is nothing worse that slaving over a monster of a sheet and transforming it into a gorgeous, efficient spreadsheet full of complex (but elegant) formulas and code; full error checking; and complete end user interaction ... only to have the boss say "That's nice" and is only really impressed by the fact that some of the cells are coloured in. (-_-)#

Siiiiiiiiiigh

It's so frustrating when no one understands a truely AWESOME spreadsheet when they see it.

Oh that is so true.

There is nothing worse that slaving over a monster of a sheet and transforming it into a gorgeous, efficient spreadsheet full of complex (but elegant) formulas and code; full error checking; and complete end user interaction ... only to have the boss say "That's nice" and is only really impressed by the fact that some of the cells are coloured in. (-_-)#

Siiiiiiiiiigh

It's so frustrating when no one understands a truely AWESOME spreadsheet when they see it.

O man, I hear you there.... I wrote this 20 page macro that compiled a report my manager requested monthly from me. I got tired of her asking for it when I was busy with other things, so I gave her the macro and showed her how to use it. I explained what all it did, and her first response was "Oooh! I like the colors and how the borders are set up!"

I was about ready to facepalm myself after that one...

I was about ready to facepalm myself after that one...

Face-palm
Head-desk
Head-wall
... been there

However on a more serious note, I find it particully frustrating as my skill level and contribution never seems to be acknowledged and pay rise and bonus time. (I don't get one).

Anyhoo, I'm off on Maternity leave at the end of the month, so let's see how they cope then bwahahahahahaha !!!

Congratulations! Is it your first?

Yep... both baby daddy and I are complete geeks, so I'm guessing baby will learn to type before they walk. On the first scan it looked like littlen' already had a nintendo DS in there !!!

I intend to spend my mat leave learning some more excel stuff, and hopefully I can try to answer some questions round here not just ask them !!!!

Congratulations on the baby! And commiserations on the boss thing. I recently tried to explain to my boss that it would take me several days to automate a process only to have him tell me I needed to talk to the engineer we have on staff. He'd heard that the engineer "uses macros to pull in a report". At least the engineer got a good chuckle out of it when I told him. After all, I'm the guy he comes to for help when he gets stuck.
I intend to spend my mat leave learning some more excel stuff, and hopefully I can try to answer some questions round here not just ask them !!!!
Don't mean to rain on your parade - but that's spoken like a true rookie. Your #1 priority will be getting enough sleep. Your #2 priority will be getting enough sleep. Your #3 priority will be getting enough sleep. Your #4 [this will be your husband's #1] will be not running out diapers (or nappies in Richard's case) and, if you're not breastfeeding, not running out of formula. Somewhere around 5th place is keeping enough laundry clean to where you can leave the house in something that doesn't smell offensive. 6th place would probably be being able to find a clean pot, plate or cup. 7th is keeping the bills current enough to where they don't turn off the electricity & water. By all means go ahead and hold on to the dream of polishing some Excel skillz -- but don't be too surprised if your progress is slightly less than amazing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Luis_Macros

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back