Gin?

Whiskey = Irish
Whisky = Scottish

I'm with you on the gin - Bombay Sapphire is particularly lovely :-)

Whiskey = Yum
Whisky = Yuck. :stickouttounge:

Bombay Sapphire is the only BS I don't mind taking all day... :biggrin:

Excel Facts

Remove leading & trailing spaces
Save as CSV to remove all leading and trailing spaces. It is faster than using TRIM().
Stormseed. No problem, what ever it was went right over my head.

Seagrams Gin is pretty cheap, but drinkable, as stated, with tonic and a twist of lime/lemon. I tend to try to drink Beefeater when possible, but if I can get a hold of some Bombay Sapphire... NOW you're talking!

So, any mother-in-law advice?

My advice is to work late the nights she stops over...:biggrin:

As far as gin goes, no thank you...I'm what you call a light weight. I 'll take a nice glass of red wine.
...and maybe a shot or two of tequila ;)

Welcome to the board Angie,

Working late is good, but it won't keep her away from the good stuff.

By the bye,
I bought some Bombay Sapphire last weekend. Yes, it is good.

Thanks!

Okay, I may comment on these drinks too which might be shocking for you to know :-)

I have never tasted any kind of alcohol till date in my life ! It is just my religion, my culture and my tradition does not permit me to drink any form of alcohol !

I must admit, since we are living in a very fast paced world, with such developments, it becomes a bit difficult to stay away from all these kind of habits but we sure do stay away because everything depends on your thinking and thoughts ! I have tasted beer (Kingfisher Draft) but only once while I was in college (around a decade back) alongwith some of my catholic friends. Since that day I have never even tried to take a sip, forget about the taste :-D

And I am sure that I won't in the near future too !

I respect your convictions Stormseed. Our cultures and Religions keep things interesting. Hold fast to your beliefs.

UPDATE: Last night the Mother-in-law was over and we opened the Seagrams bottle of Gin. She was very anxious to get my response, which I thought was interesting. I think she wanted my approval. I told her, "It was OK, but I could tell there was some difference between it and my Tanqueray." She immediately told me she couldn't tell any difference, but I said nothing. It really wasn't bad, but I think there is an ulterior motive behind this move.

She is a widower and very opinionated. I wonder if I've been selected as her next project? Perhaps I'm just paranoid, but she really wants my approval, while at the same time she tries to impose her will. The Gin is just one example. Am I up for this task? I don't know. I've also been known to have opinions.

The best comparison I can make is she's beginning to remind me of Diana on the old TV show "Waiting for God."

I have tasted beer (Kingfisher Draft) ...Since that day I have never even tried to take a sip, forget about the taste :-D

And I am sure that I won't in the near future too !

I feel for you, Stormseed. Your only moment of weakness was when you just happened to be in the same room as someone who had a spare can of Kingfisher.

Why do we never take our one and only step onto the path of temptation when there's a pint of Timothy Taylor's Landlord, a wee dram of Glenfarclas or a glass of Boschendal Reserve on offer?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cami_dev

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back