Gin?

Bombay is the cheap stuff? LOL! I just bought a bottle of Tanq a couple of days ago--the price of Bombay is higher than Tanq...

I buy tang when I will be mixing it...

Excel Facts

Remove leading & trailing spaces
Save as CSV to remove all leading and trailing spaces. It is faster than using TRIM().
I haven't given up on the Ardbeg, the finish was just too little comparing it to the delicious peaty Laphroaig quarter cask. I think I just need to try some other Ardbeg whisky.

Thanks for the DE malt tip, I'll keep my eyes open for those. The Lagavulin was top of my list next to try.

I still haven't tried Laphroaig quarter cask, and research suggests that the Cask Strength OB 10 year old is better, but a little amusing ditty.

My wife and I went on holiday to Italy recently. We flew from our local airport which has just had a face-lift, and they have a much better alcohol selection. I wanted to buy a bottle of three wood, triple distilled Auchentoshan. Unfortunately my wife was having none of it, saying I had too many already. So I sulked and got on with my holiday. When we got home, we wanted a whisky one evening, and whilst looking through the bottles to select an appropriate whisky, I found that I already had a bottle of said Auchentoshan :)

I still haven't tried Laphroaig quarter cask, and research suggests that the Cask Strength OB 10 year old is better, but a little amusing ditty.

My wife and I went on holiday to Italy recently. We flew from our local airport which has just had a face-lift, and they have a much better alcohol selection. I wanted to buy a bottle of three wood, triple distilled Auchentoshan. Unfortunately my wife was having none of it, saying I had too many already. So I sulked and got on with my holiday. When we got home, we wanted a whisky one evening, and whilst looking through the bottles to select an appropriate whisky, I found that I already had a bottle of said Auchentoshan :)

I finally tried the Lagavulin. Oh joy! That is like mother's milk.

I hope you liked Italy. I was a student at the British Institute of Florence back in the early '90s; such great memories...

I finally tried the Lagavulin. Oh joy! That is like mother's milk.

I agree, it is lovely.Did you get the standard bottle or a special?

I was in Scotland earlier in the year and bought a few bottles (part of my wife's reluctance to allow me more). I bought
- a Longrow Gaja Barold, which is a very peaty bottle. Needs some air as the first noes is not that pleasant. Not my favourite, too big and rough, but interesting, might be good after a curry :).
- a Caol Ila Signatory Un-chillfiltered. Very nice, not too smoky, and very fruity. I am enjoying this.
- Cragganmore Distillers Edition - although Speyside's are not my first choice, I bought this as I was getting a bit heavy on the peats. It's a nice bottle, lots of flavour, and very easy.

I hope you liked Italy. I was a student at the British Institute of Florence back in the early '90s; such great memories...

I did. I have been there many times before, but this my first visit to the Tuscany region, I loved it. I especially loved Florence and Lucca. Looking forward to my next trip.

It was a basic Lagavulin 16 year old. Still, I can't imagine how it could be better.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jadethejade

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back