if you get it for free!

For the name is not the same
and it never will be,
a dram is only a real dram,
from a bottle of ‘Scotch Whisky’.

Stanley Bruce.

Excel Facts

VLOOKUP to Left?
Use =VLOOKUP(A2,CHOOSE({1,2},$Z$1:$Z$99,$Y$1:$Y$99),2,False) to lookup Y values to left of Z values.
You see, I come here for an education in programming and functions, and I get an extra education in drink!

In which case, I think I have only ever drunk Whisky. The people who try to get me to drink it tend to be the purist types. I still stand by my 'It tastes like the inside of the barrel', though.

I have genuinely tried - I did go to a couple of wine tasting sessions that had Whisky as well (and that was the Scottish stuff) They dish out the good stuff, and I'm sorry, I just can't stomach it.

I'm a big Whisky fan but it is an acquired taste (anecdotally, I haven't met many women who like drinking it neat). I remember buying a couple of bottles of cask-strength Talisker for my father. It really would blow your head off (it was 60% alcohol by volume if I remember correctly!).

You see, I come here for an education in programming and functions, and I get an extra education in drink!

Your task for today is to build a countdown timer in Excel that will display a picture of a G&T when it is 7 o'clock :)

I love Bombay Sapphire but, considering the quantity of gin that I consume, it is rarely financially viable. However with all this talk of G&T I might treat myself and join you (in a cyber sense) in one at 7pm.

Your task for today is to build a countdown timer in Excel that will display a picture of a G&T when it is 7 o'clock :)

I love Bombay Sapphire but, considering the quantity of gin that I consume, it is rarely financially viable. However with all this talk of G&T I might treat myself and join you (in a cyber sense) in one at 7pm.

That made me laugh out loud! If only I didn't have all this work to do, I could devote my day to Gin worship. My mind however is now distracted, and I am thinking through ways of making that count down. (I am meant to be setting up a mark scheme spreadsheet for the MSc Bioinfomatics with Systems Management. If I ****rel it up the students get all the wrong grades. But it is Friday...)

I will raise my glass to you at 7! :-)

I also prefer whisky, no "e". I can verify in America they've chosen to spell it with an "e", but its just not the same. Maker's Mark is the only US whiskey I can stomach. Only last year I ventured out of the Scottish highlands (figuratively) and onto the Isle of Islay with a Caol Ila, wow! I like it neat with a splash of water. Fortunately for me, my mother-in-law doesn't like my single malts. Now, that could really get expensive.

Thanks for tip on Bombay Sapphire I don't think I've ever tried it.

Storm Seed-on my User Name,

In car circles, a Long Nose is a term used to describe any number of vintage sports cars from the late 1960's and early 1970's whose front extends out or rounds down toward the ground. I just love the vintage styling of these cars and so, I chose the name Long Nose. It is not meant to refer to anything else. I succumbed to the "Use your own picture avatar" after I'd already chosen my user name Long Nose. Sorry for the confusion.

So, any mother-in-law advice?

Oh dear ! It is very embarrassing to realize this fact and I am ashamed of interpreting such stupid things in my mind about your user name. Please accept my apologies for the same.

Nevertheless, I learned something new in regards to vintage cars in the west. Thanks for that too !

Your friend- Stormseed :-)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cami_dev

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back