Gerund vs Present Participle

Excel Facts

Best way to learn Power Query?
Read M is for (Data) Monkey book by Ken Puls and Miguel Escobar. It is the complete guide to Power Query.
Re: quick OT detour

Cindy - pants means "a bit rubbish". Pants are also something we wear. Really. To work. Every day. But under our trousers

Really ? I never knew :( I was in a notion that these were called *underwear* for men and *panties* for women where as Pants itself represent *trousers* :eeek: Learned something new on the board again, as usual :biggrin:

Stormseed - I think those are US terms. In the UK we would use underwear or pants for men or women, or knickers for just women. And trousers for the outergarment. (A woman referring to her underwear would usually be referring to bra as well as pants.) And of course, if one was wearing a particular style of pants, one might refer to it as a thong. Which isn't a flip-flop...

A woman referring to her underwear would usually be referring to bra as well as pants

I used to think it is supposed to be called "INNER WEAR" (all inclusive of Bra, Panties, etc). ? Heck I am confused now :cry:

EDIT: I think Americans wear smart "Boxers". They *do not know* what is an underwear, I reckon.

Last edited:
Quote from fazza:
Mid-winter here in Perth. Barely a cloud all week. Must be about 20°C every day. Clear, starry nights. When I was living in Cairns, also clear skies most winter days - just a bit warmer there. Usually 28°C in winter. Great beach weather.
We loved Cairns when we visited Australia. My only regret was that we didn't stay there longer. I would have loved to spend more than one day snorkeling the Great Barrier Reef...

We stayed at a great resort. We got a kick out of signs around the resort saying "Beware of bandicoots!" They hardly looked menacing. I am guessing the sign was meant more for their protection than ours...

I loved Cairns, too. Lived there four years very soon after finishing university (in Brisbane). Did a scuba diving course and plenty of diving on the reef. Also did some free diving, which I much prefer. Played a pool game - underwater hockey - for many years and become proficient at swimming underwater. Met many keen divers who were nearly always good company too. Often enjoyed a beer afterwards, as you do.

In summer, when the beach sand is nearly too hot to walk on and there are potentially lethal jellyfish in the water - Cairns isn't always paradise - we'd swim in the freshwater creeks that flowed in the rainforests down the valleys of the coastal ranges. There are some beautiful places to swim in the rainforest. And no crocodiles there, either.

The reef is another world. It is wonderful to see the dozens & dozens of different brightly colored little fishes. Some are fluorescent colours! And also a treat to see the bigger fishes, sharks, turtles, sting rays, etc.

Been a while since I've been there.

Also, there always seemed to be a party or two on the weekend. The place had a real buzz to it.

Yeah, it was a real fun place.

We also went to some rainforest zoo/park (Kuranda Rainforest Station) where my wife got to have her picture taken holding a koala. She thought that was pretty neat. They also had a 16 foot salty there that they took in because it was eating some farmer's cattle.

Yep, over here if you say "caravan", I think most of us Americans would think "mini-van", because Dodge makes a mini-van called the "Caravan".

...and where I come from, it's a line of camels on their way to market, or back, or somewhere...

Really ? I never knew :( I was in a notion that these were called *underwear* for men and *panties* for women where as Pants itself represent *trousers* :eeek: Learned something new on the board again, as usual :biggrin:

also what a dog does, as in his breath came in pants. Now, why a dog would breathe heavily while wearing trousers, or ladies' unmentionables as the case may be, is beyond me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Luis_Macros

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back