Forum's New Look

I'm having issues with Chrom! Anytime I try to go to the mrexcel forum I get a 400 Bad Request error :
Your browser sent a request that this server could not understand.
Size of a request header field exceeds server limit.
Anyone else seeing this? I finally got the idea to try in IE (bleugh!) to see if it was a browser issue, previously I just assumed someone hit the wrong button configuring the new setup.

fixed it by clearing out my cookies. how to do so is here in case anyone else ran into this:
http://support.google.com/chrome/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=95647&from=95626&rd=1

Excel Facts

Excel motto
Not everything I do at work revolves around Excel. Only the fun parts.
I've got the 'do you want to leave this page' a few times when I'm closing IE down.

I wasn't in the process of posting or editing an post and MrExcel was the only site open.

At present "Zero reply posts" does not work properly, I get posts with many replies high on the list.

J.Ty.

Just curious J.Ty. - are you looking at 'Replies' or are you seeing 'Views'. They are both in that column. The highest number of 'Replies' that I have seen in that search [so far] has been #1 and I believe that this is simply a result of the software not having had a chance to update the count before I have run the Zero Reply Search option.

I have increased the number of times the entire activity stream of the Message Board is updated, however due to the size of this forum it is not recommended that I push that envelope any further. Hopefully today's adjustments will increase the efficiency of the searches.

Dear Scottie,

I am absolutely confident I looked at the number of replies. Indeed, as somebody else pointed it out to me, the list seems to be created once and it takes something close to 15 seconds (a lot), and then for a long period of time, if I refresh it only the views and replies counters are recomputed, but not the list itself. So it becomes gradually obsolete, in that it includes posts with quite a few answers, and (what is much worse) does not show recent posts without replies.

Next (and very annoying) issue I'm having is the following:

When I compose a quick reply and there is a fragment of code in the proper code tags already in the text buffer, then Ctrl-V inserts the text at the beginning of the text buffer, instead of where I want to paste it. I did a test and removed the code in tags, and then the operation of paste went back to normal, and when I restored the code, it inserted at the beginning again. I use Opera, if it matters.

J.Ty.

I came accross this thread. The question is if the formum needs a button "report to admin" so that spam is quickly removed.

J.Ty.

The forum already has this button. See the little warning triangle below each post? That's the button to report a post to the moderators. Use it to flag spam, inappropriate posts, rule breaches, etc. The moderators will then step in.

cheers,

The zero reply posts button still doesn't seem to working very well to me. I just clicked on it at 14:04 and the most recent post with no replies showing is 12:36 howver when I look at the forum there have been posts at 13:56 and 13:36 with no replies.

How often does it refresh?

Dom

Would it be possible to add the CODE icon to the Quick Replay?
Currently you have to go to the Advance option.

I second that, it's almost always the only reason I have to go to the advanced and if I could skip that step it'd be marvelous. :)
or, are we able to manually add the code tags if we aren't in advanced mode?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agata

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back