Forum's New Look

You know what would be a cool feature...

Similar to the Notifications Area, where it will show a little #1 to indicate there are new private messages or something..
Can that be done on the Subscribed Threads button?
To indicate there are unread replies to your subscriptions.

Excel Facts

Round to nearest half hour?
Use =MROUND(A2,"0:30") to round to nearest half hour. Use =CEILING(A2,"0:30") to round to next half hour.
I think the main focus is to try to get back as close as possible to the previous existing functionality and make sure everything is right before going on to add any new "cool" functionality. They got their hands full with that right now, so I am not sure when they will get the chance to look at that kind of stuff.

The other thing to remember is that this is a software product we use (vBulletin® Version 4.2.0), not something that we created, so there are many limits as to what we can and cannot do.

I second that, it's almost always the only reason I have to go to the advanced and if I could skip that step it'd be marvelous. :)
or, are we able to manually add the code tags if we aren't in advanced mode?

One can always manually type the code tags or other bb/html code, however using a button is far easier.

I would prefer to always default to the advanced. A choice in the user options would be great.

Previously using the former board, I would most always use the "Post Reply" button which would bring up the advaced editor and rarely use the quick reply.

Overall I find the new look and function very positive, kudos to all involved in the progress.

The zero reply posts button still doesn't seem to working very well to me. I just clicked on it at 14:04 and the most recent post with no replies showing is 12:36 howver when I look at the forum there have been posts at 13:56 and 13:36 with no replies.

How often does it refresh?

Dom

I've just noticed a thread about this in the About This Board area: http://www.mrexcel.com/forum/showthread.php?642255-quot-Zero-Reply-Posts-quot-bug

Any chance we could have a sticky somewhere detailing known issues that are being worked on?

Dom

Maybe it's a nicety, but the threshold for "hot" threads seems pretty low... Is that adjustable upwards? I mean, my thread in this forum re database design has 3 replies, and it's "Hot"?

Last edited:
Rob, I might have this wrong but I believe on most forums it is the number of views and not the number of replies that decides whether the thread is classed as "HOT" and it is normally set somewhere around 150 views.

Hey All, I just wanted to comment that this is a "terrific" forum. I find myself learning new things strictly by accident and I certainly appreciate the teacher/student atmosphere of this forum. I like the new look and layout. If my boss knew how little I really know compared to how much I glean from this site...

Thanks.

I'm not too sure if this has already been addressed.
I really love the new functionality of adding a table to the reply without really copy + pasting with ExcelJeanie Add-in for html formatting.

People have been using the function a lot but I cannot copy+paste the data in table form into Excel. (they just appear as space-delimited one line text)
Is it something I am doing wrong? Or is everybody having the same problem?

Thank you.

I would appreciate the code button, but I am struggling against the editor (I use Opera), which

1) inserts newlines a few lines above the place where I do Enter,
2) pastes at the beginning of the text buffer instead of where I have my cursor.

And this is extremely high on my wish list, much higher than any button. Despite a number of requests, it is still not resolved.
Or tell me that MrExcel is not fully compatible with Opera and won't be.

J.Ty.
But paste via right click works well ;)

I will test it, Vladimir. Thanks,

J.Ty.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agata

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back