Board modifications

Dennis, glad you like it, and nice to see the swedish flag in there :D

And Phantom, the statistics are based on the time of the server... which is, I think, GMT-4. I don't know how to do that based on each user time settings... And yes, I have the statistic module quite ready, I'm only waiting to have more people set their flag before putting it in...

And Kristy, perhaps is the arm(s) ??? :LOL:

May 22nd. Two new statistics, derived from the "Country flag" mod from yesterday. New statistics are a new (and improved) 'Where are users from' that should give more accurate results (Once everyone puts their own flag in the profile), and 'Posts by country', which tells us which countries are the ones contributing to the board... (I'll certainly do my best to keep Colombia in that top 10 :biggrin: )

Oh, and if you have any suggestion to make this board better... don't hesitate to tell it... I'll do my best to try to implement it. I'm still learning PHP here...

One final thing... I removed some codes for some smilies, because they were causing some problems with formulas posted on the board. Especifically they are:

:D --> have to use : - D (Without the spaces)
:P --> have to use : - P (Again, without the spaces)
:( --> have to use : - (

May 24th. You can search for all the posts made by a user by clicking on the "Posts:" number in viewtopic (Right below the "Joined" date)

Juan Pablo González
MrExcel MVP

May 25th. Hello again... ok, I really hope this mod that I installed will really work good... it *should* improve the speed of the board by something like 30% to 50%, because it uses a better cache system. Small tests so far seem good, but I guess we'll have to wait till tuesday, when the US gets back to work !

Let me know if you see any improvements at all... (or if you see the contrary too, so I can just remove that thing !)

May 27th. I think I found the glitch with the search feature. It appears to be the template, so I replaced it with the original template that comes with phpBB (That's why it looks SO different), and it seems to work fine now.

Also, added the "Status" of each poster while viewing a topic, that is, if the poster is Offline or Online

Juan Pablo González said:
May 27th. I think I found the glitch with the search feature. It appears to be the template, so I replaced it with the original template that comes with phpBB (That's why it looks SO different), and it seems to work fine now.

YAY JUAN!
bounce.gif

June 6. Altough this was yesterday :p , removed the 'Board Addict' rank, and replaced it with a new 'Board Master' with a little start. An extra start will appear for every 1,000 posts...

Also, modified the Ranks statistics module. Added the "Posts average" of each row, and fixed the problem with the last rank (Showing the range incorrenctly), unfortunately, that can't be seen in there... at least not for now, until someone reaches a huge number of posts !

Great Job Juan,

Thank you very much for all the effort that you put into the maintenance of this wonderful Board so thousands of people around the world can benefit from the wisdom of the finest Excel Users.

God Bless you.

Thanks Jafaar. I appreaciate that.

I have about 10 or 15 mods more that i want to put here... but, if you (you as in ALL of you) have any other requests, just tell, and I'll do my best to put them to work)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smllchng5

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back