Wii Games

Excel Facts

Why are there 1,048,576 rows in Excel?
The Excel team increased the size of the grid in 2007. There are 2^20 rows and 2^14 columns for a total of 17 billion cells.
Because I loved Super Metroid so much, I've gone and bought the GameCube version of Metroid Prime (the first one) - so I can mix in a little retro play too.

We had a lot of fun with LEGO Indiana Jones. He knocked the heads off anyone that came to his office! You could make your own characters too, then play them on any of the completed adventures.

Boom Blox is the satisfying combination of Baseball pitching and on-screen Jenga. A must for parties, especially if you get to go third!

Twilight Princess and Metroid Prime 3 were both excellent games that could easily swallow 3 hours' gaming without you noticing.

Super Smash Bros Brawl is the Wii version of Melee but features new moves, online play, new characters and a 10-hour adventure mode featuring some good cutscenes (which could have used some narrative to help explain what was happening!)

Mercury Meltdown Revolution was taxing, moving mercury by tilting the surface it was rolling on.

Mario Kart Wii is a much trickier version of the Gamecube's Double Dash, but the online play is aggressive and the competitions varied and challenging.

No-one's mentioned WiiWare, the new (not retro) downloadable games that vary in quality from low-tec Tetris to hi-tec Helix. They differ in cost.

OK, my kids have been trying really hard this weekend but I think they are just a bit too young to 'get' how to play the games (the boxing in Wii Sports is about the only thing they can do because they don't need to be that co-ordinated). So, now I'm after a *really* simple game for them (I mean utterly simple!) - anything anybody can recommend? Especially if you have young kids of your own (3+). Thanks!

I have not played it, but my niece who is 5 loves this game:

http://www.gamespot.com/wii/action/carnivalgames/index.html

Its called carnival games. But again I have not played it or seen it played personally.

I have it and I quite enjoy it - It isn't laugh a minute, but it is pretty good fun. Some of the games are really cool - some take quite a bit of coordination but I think if you want a game to play with your kids this would be a good one.

Richard - give them a little bit of time. My son is 3 1/2 and pretty good at most of the Sports now. And while he is obviously a child genius ;) I think the thing that has made him good is just practice. Of course, you may not want your kids to practice quite as much as he has...

His favourite game is Mario Kart. He thrashed me at the coin collecting game the other day (I am very bad at it). He also likes Boom Blox. He also liked Lego Indiana - he didn't really get the point, but he liked bashing up the lego characters. And he liked playing the sidekick while my husband did the main role.

Rob, Bryony - many thanks. Amazon were selling Carnival Games for approx $14 so i reckoned that was a no-brainer: it won't break the bank even if they don't like it. Should have it by the weekend :beerchug:

Emma, yeah I think you're very wise - I just need to keep practising with them. They will get it eventually (I like the look of the carnival games though - nothing wrong with a bit of variety after all!).

Re: Mario Kart, young Mr Archibald is meant to be lending it to me, but he's gone very quiet on that point just lately...

;-)

Thanks all once again - I have greatly appreciated all your inputs!

Now that you've called me 'young', I am happy to lend it to you. Just need to remember to bring it to work, assuming you want it before we meet for beer again?

Just buy Mario Kart off ebay - it's fantastic, you'll love it, and if you don't, you can resell it for pretty much the same price.

Or, wait six weeks, and steal Rory's when he's so loved-up and sleep-deprived that he doesn't even notice ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NyVmex

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back