Wii Games

Richard Schollar

MrExcel MVP
I've just bought a Wii (for the kids you understand!) and am now looking around for some quality games. i currently have purchased:

1. Wii Sports (came with the console)
2. Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games
3. Metroid Prime3: Corruption
4. Zelda: Twilight Princess

I figure Daddy can play 3 & 4 by himself and the kids can occupy themselves with 1 & 2. Any other great games out there? I'm a Nintendo fanboy of old but haven't touched anything videogame-wise for about 8 years. The best games I have ever played were Mario Kart on the SNES, Super Metroid also on the SNES and Mario 64 on the N64. I hated Mario Kart on the N64 and missed out the Gamecube completely, so I don't know what it would be like on the Wii. i have seen mixed reviews of an awful lot of Wii titles, so not sure what is worth getting.

Any advice appreciated :-)

Excel Facts

Workdays for a market open Mon, Wed, Friday?
Yes! Use "0101011" for the weekend argument in NETWORKDAYS.INTL or WORKDAY.INTL. The 7 digits start on Monday. 1 means it is a weekend.
I am reliably informed (by a man with whom I locked wheels in Super Mario Kart and we both ended up reversing at high speed into a lava pit) that Lego Star Wars is excellent on the Wii. He plays it with his son regularly and they both love it. Apparently there is enough in there aimed at the older generation to keep it amusing.

Since I bought Mario Kart, about 3 months ago, it has only been out of the Wii maybe twice. I never played it on the SNES, but I really enjoy the Wii version. The online racing is fun.

The other games that I've played excessively are Guitar Hero III and Rayman Raving Rabbids. The Rayman game may very well appeal to your sense of humour, assuming your sense of humour involves rabbits using toilet plungers as weapons. It's also a game that you can play for just a few minutes or a couple of hours (drunk).

Wii Fit is good for a laugh too.

All the games I've bought so far have been excellent although I don't play them that much. My collection so far consists of:

Wii Sports
Super Mario Galaxy
Metroid Prime 3
Rayman Raving Rabbits 2 (hillarious and a personal post pub favourite)
Mario Kart (another favourite)
Mario and Sonic at the Olympics
Lego Star Wars (I can't stop making light sabre noises as I play)

I would recomment them all but be prepared for some broken lampshades!!!

This is great guys - thanks :-)

There's some definite consistency in the recommendations, so I'd say Mario kart, Lego Star Wars and the rayman game are looking like definite contenders ;-)

You will LOVE Zelda and Metroid. The Wii is worth it just for those!

Just got myself (and my husband) a Wii Fit. Now that is awesome too!

Don't neglect downloading the old games through the Wii store. My wife plays Super Mario Brother's 3 and Yoshi's Cookies a lot..no, I mean A LOT.

No surprise that Domski is a fan of Raving Rabbids given the avatar. :)

I bought a Wii for my 70-something mom for her birthday. She plays it daily for a bit of exercise but has never gone beyond Wii Sports.

I've been looking for a Wii Fit for a Christmas present for about a month. The local ToysRUs clerk told me they were getting them this Sunday so I may be camping out Saturday night.

Last I checked they have them on Amazon but they're marked up about 50% over RRP!

Oh, Excite Truck is a laugh; Need for Speed is rubbish on the Wii.

Games that we are unlikely to sell on:
Mario Kart - online competitions every couple of weeks keep this fresh if you have someone to compete against
Sports
Play
Boom Blox
The repeat playability of the last two is more for kids than adults, although Boom Blox is a good multiplayer game.

Games that my husband has enjoyed:
Mario Galaxy
Da Blob
Lego Indiana Jones
Super Smash Bros
Metroid

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NyVmex

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back