Things that bother me about excel, and other pet peeves

<ul><tt>Why not have an Excel Light and an Excel Pro version?
</tt>[/list]

There should be a "Lite" version of a lot of software. Especially the remotes for DVD players.

Excel Facts

Did you know Excel offers Filter by Selection?
Add the AutoFilter icon to the Quick Access Toolbar. Select a cell containing Apple, click AutoFilter, and you will get all rows with Apple
Shame you didn#'t check all that first, your intervention effectively destroyed a valid point from Felix.

Shame you didn#'t check all that first, your intervention effectively destroyed a valid point from Felix.
I disagree. Microsoft Works is a "lite" or dummied down version of Excel.

Also, this is a discussion thread. I do not believe I "destroyed" anyone's point. I was merely contributing to the discussion, just like Felix was.

How about those toggle keys that can really screw you up until you figure out what's wrong. They are:

Caps Lock - This has to be the number one offender, how many times during the day is it set wrong and you have to go back and re-type a sentence or two because you accidently pressed it?

Num Lock - Right up there with Caps Lock. Type in a few numbers and all of a sudden you’re at line 65536 and you don't know how you got there.

Insert - Very annoying when you look up at the screen to find out you've just typed over some very important information. And there is no little green light to tell you it’s turned on.

Scroll Lock - Doesn't happen very often, but very annoying when it does. What’s it for anyway?

My solution? I'd like a keyboard where all four of those little buggers were up in the corner out of the way where they couldn't be toggled by accident. Like how about where those little green lights are?

If such a keyboard is on the market I'd like to have one.

My problem isn't with the software, alas, but the operator.

He's gone and gotten old!

In our company it is still the 2000 version. 99 out of 100 users don't need the bells and whistles of Excel and use it mostly instead of the Windows calculator anyway... even copy - 'paste special values' is something most of our users have never ever heard of...

Why not have an Excel Light and an Excel Pro version?

Don't give MS another idea to make $$ from us. That would be my petpeev in this forum, WG has too much $$.

Once you delete the rows, save the file. That resets the Used Range. You can check by hitting Ctrl + End.

Denis

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Baldred

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back