Things I’ve Learned About The Good Old U S of A From Watching Films And Telly

Excel Facts

Bring active cell back into view
Start at A1 and select to A9999 while writing a formula, you can't see A1 anymore. Press Ctrl+Backspace to bring active cell into view.
How about this one, in all American cities there is a strip club on every corner. I'm going to say this is rubbish, but then again I've not yet been to Las Vagas.

I will say there's at least one Karaoke bar and one Sports bar in every city. And on a totally unrelated note, I also believe there is at least one Chinese restaurant run by Chinese speaking "Engrish" in every American city. Darn-it-all, now I'm getting hungry.

If you are a cop/detective in the US and you are of a certain age, under no circumstances announce that you intend to retire as you will undoubtedly get paired with a young upstart/lunatic/loose cannon cop/detective in your final week and then get thrown into the most dangerous and challenging case of your life.

I can't believe I just read the whole **** thing. My boss is going to kill me :p

As for marmite - it's the devils seed, unless it's on twiglets in which case it's ok.

And toilets! Toilets don't exist in any household, place of work, spaceship unless there is a bomb placed under it set to go off when you stand up, or if it plays 'flight of the valkeries' when you hit the target.

Delmar, you just ruined my taste for twiglets - the next best thing since sliced bread. I love twiglets, I hate marmite. Whaddamigonnadonow?

(Anyone ever wonder what was the best thing before sliced bread?)

On the flip side of this post, it seems only in Britain could you have a family kitchen where the only refrigerator is the size of an under counter dishwasher. I just can't imagine how this would work, unless you are single.

Clearly, it must have been unsliced bread. ;-)

No, no, no! It was clearly the sword.
Swords were used for slicing people, and when they ran out of people they attacked the bread thus inventing sliced bread which was the next best thing to sliced people.

So, umm, maybe the best thing before sliced bread was sliced people but the supermarkets obviously had problems with packaging and getting it on the shelves (lack of shelf-stackers as they'd all been sliced).

So the next question is what was the best thing before sliced people, or swords; depending on which argument you want to follow. I don't believe it was whole people as nothing good ever came from that.

So, anyway.... is there going to be a CSI Balamory?

PS.... Sorry about the twiglets riaz. Have you tried breadsticks dipped in vegimite?

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
djjamesp

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back