The correct row is not being highlighted and having appropriate code run on that row

dpaton05

Office Version
  1. 365
  2. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
This is a strange error as it happens to me sometimes, but not every time. There are two procedures that both are used to identify a row and do something to it. They are called Transfer and LateCancel. They both are meant to cycle through each row, highlighting one row at a time and ask "is this the row?" When the user selects Yes it does something to the row and exits the sub. If No is selected, the highlighting is removed from that row and the next row is highlighted, asking the same question. The subs are initiated from a totals sheet where there 2 spots to enter a date and a request number in some cells. One spot for the Transfer sub to run and one spot for the LateCancel.

The transfer sub is not self explanatory from it's name. This is run on jobs that are to be cancelled.

Order of events
  1. I run the sub Transfer from the totals sheet through a command button
  2. Row 4 in the July sheet is highlighted
  3. I am asked the question, "Is this the job you want to cancel?"
  4. I press No and the highlighting moves to row 5 and asks the same question.
  5. I press Yes on this row and the row is moved to the cancellations sheet and the sub is exited
  6. I run the sub again from the totals sheet
  7. Row 4 in the July sheet is highlighted
  8. I am asked the question, "Is this the job you want to cancel?"
  9. I press No and the highlighting moves to row 5 and asks the same question.
  10. I press Yes on this row and the row is moved to the cancellations sheet and the sub is exited
    1. This is exactly what I want it to do so far
  11. I now go back to the totals sheet and run the LateCancel sub
  12. There is one row left in the July sheet that matches the filters of the autofilter so I would expect that row to be highlighted
  13. The header row is highlighted next, where it should have highlighted the remaining row that matches the autofilter. It also asks me the above question.
  14. If I keep pressing No, the row is highlighted agan after each time and asked the same question
  15. If I press Yes, I get the error message that "No jobs have been selected as a late cancel"
  16. I run the LateCancel sub again from the totals sheet and it repeats the steps from step 12

1. I know that this is a sometimes error as if I re-open my file and run the LateCancel sub first, the 3 jobs are cycled though as expected, and I am asked the question each time.
  2. If I press Yes or No, it does what it's meant to do

I have been doing some testing and this is the totals sheet, where the information is entered. I leave it the same each time and just run the subs.

CSS Work Allocation Sheet.77.xlsm
BCDEFG
22Cancelling a job
23To cancel a job, enter the request number in B25 followed by the date of the proposed job in B27 then press enter and select the cancel the Cancel a job button.
24Request number
26Date
275/07/2021
29Late Cancel
30To enter a job as a late cancel, enter a request number first in B32, followed by the date of the proposed job in B37 then press enter and select the Add Late Cancel button.
31Request number
33Everytime you leave this sheet and return, this will be 3
34Hours charged for a late cancel
36Date
375/07/2021
Totals
Cells with Data Validation
CellAllowCriteria
B27Any value
B25Any value

I have been testing on the one date 5/07/2021 and here is a monthly sheet in the same document as the above sheet where the data is held.
CSS Work Allocation Sheet.77.xlsm
ABCDEFGHIJ
1501 CSS July
3DatePurchase order #Req #NameServiceRequesting OrganisationCaseworker NamePrice ex. GSTGSTPrice inc. GST
45/07/202195Tutoring$2.00
55/07/202195asdfSupervised Contact$219.30$21.93$241.23
65/07/202195asdfSupervised contact$219.30$21.93$241.23
July
Cell Formulas
RangeFormula
I5I5=IF(E5="Activities",0,H5*0.1)
J5J5=I5+H5
CellAllowCriteria
F6:J6Any value

This is my Transfer sub
VBA Code:
Sub Transfer()
        Dim ws As Worksheet, sh As Worksheet, sht As Worksheet, AutoFilterCounter As Long
        Set sh = Sheets("Totals")
        Set sht = Sheets("Cancellations")
        Dim Req As String: Req = sh.[B25].Value
        Dim Dt As String: Dt = sh.[B27].Value
        Dim SheetCounter As Integer: SheetCounter = 0
'Call TurnOffFunctionality

For Each ws In Worksheets
                If ws.Name <> "Cancellations" And ws.Name <> "Totals" And ws.Name <> "Sheet2" Then
                        With ws.[A3].CurrentRegion
                                .AutoFilter 1, Dt           ' autofilter for the value in cell [B27]
                                .AutoFilter 3, Req          ' autofilter for the value in cell [B25]
                                                                    'Check to see if the date cell, column A, for a job has anything in it. If it doesn't, turn the autofilter off and skip to the next sheet.
                                    If ws.[A3].Cells.Offset(1, 0) = "" Then
                                        .AutoFilter
                                        SheetCounter = SheetCounter + 1
                                        'If SheetCounter = 12, none of the 12 monthly sheets have the entered date and request number so let the user know
                                        If SheetCounter = 12 Then
                                            MsgBox "A job with the date and request number entered does not exist"
                                        End If
                                        GoTo SkipSheet
                                    End If

'Check the count Autofilter
                                AutoFilterCounter = .Columns(1).SpecialCells(xlCellTypeVisible).Count
                                'If value less than 2, only the heading is visible so skip to the next sheet.
                                If AutoFilterCounter < 2 Then
                                    .AutoFilter
                                    'Add 1 to a sheet counter
                                    'If SheetCounter = 12, none of the 12 monthly sheets have the entered date and request number so let the user know
                                    End If
                                    GoTo SkipSheet
                                End If

Dim LastRow As Long
                                LastRow = ws.Cells(ws.Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp).Row
                                Dim rng As Range: Set rng = ws.Range("A4:A" & LastRow)

Dim rws&: rws = Range("A4:A" & Cells(Rows.Count, 1).End(3).Row).SpecialCells(xlCellTypeVisible).Count
                                'if this range is greater than 1, ask the below question, else continue
                                If rws > 1 Then
                                'If ws.Range("A4", ws.Range("A4").End(xlDown)) > 1 Then
                                    Dim answer As Integer, n As Integer
                                    Dim RowNumber As Long
                                    Dim RowLine As Range
                                    Application.ScreenUpdating = True
                                    n = 0
                                    For Each RowLine In rng.SpecialCells(xlCellTypeVisible)
                                        ws.Activate
                                        RowLine.EntireRow.Interior.ColorIndex = 6
                                        answer = MsgBox("Is this the job you want to cancel?", vbQuestion + vbYesNo + vbDefaultButton2, "Cancel Job")
                                        RowLine.EntireRow.Interior.ColorIndex = 0
                                        If answer = vbYes Then
                                            'Copy and paste the selected row
                                            RowLine.EntireRow.Copy sht.Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Offset(1)
                                            RowLine.EntireRow.Delete
                                            'I had to include a -3 in here to account for the 3 rows above the data that don't have data in them
                                            'RowNumber = RowLine.Row - 3
                                            GoTo FoundRightJob
                                        End If
                                        If answer = vbNo Then n = n + 1
                                    Next RowLine
                                If n > 0 Then MsgBox " You have chosen not to cancel any of the " & n & " job/s !!"
                                End If

FoundRightJob:

.AutoFilter                 ' turn off the autofilter
                        End With
                End If
SkipSheet:
        Next ws

'sh.Range("B25,B27").ClearContents
'Call TurnOnFunctionality
End Sub

This is my LateCancel sub
VBA Code:
Sub LateCancel()
        Dim ws As Worksheet, sh As Worksheet, sht As Worksheet, QT As String, wb2 As Workbook, WbPath As String, QTPath As String
        Dim Serv As String, Month As String, Service As String, LCPrice As String, AutoFilterCounter As Long
        Set wb2 = ThisWorkbook
        'QT = "CSS_quoting_tool_29.5.xlsm"
        Set sh = wb2.Worksheets("Totals")

'values on totals sheet that the user is looking for
        Dim LCReq As String: LCReq = sh.Cells(32, 2).Value
        'Dim LCDt As String: LCDt = sh.Cells(37, 2).Value
        Dim LCDt As String: LCDt = CDate(sh.Cells(37, 2).Value)
        Dim LateCancelHours As String: LateCancelHours = sh.Cells(35, 2).Value
        Dim SheetCounter As Long: SheetCounter = 0

WbPath = ThisWorkbook.Path
        QTPath = ThisWorkbook.Path & "\..\" & "\..\"
        'If Not isFileOpen(DocYearName & ".xlsm") Then Workbooks.Open ThisWorkbook.Path & "\" & "Work Allocation Sheets" & "\" & Site & "\" & DocYearName & ".xlsm"
        'If Not isFileOpen(QT) Then Workbooks.Open QTPath & "\" & QT

For Each ws In wb2.Worksheets
                If ws.Name <> "Cancellations" And ws.Name <> "Totals" And ws.Name <> "Sheet2" Then
                                'On Error Resume Next
                                'Autofilter the late cancel date enter in B37 with dates in column 1
                                .AutoFilter 1, LCDt
                                'Autofilter the late cancel request number with request numbers in column 3
                                .AutoFilter 3, LCReq

'Check to see if the date cell, column A, for a job has anything in it. If it doesn't, turn the autofilter off and skip to the next sheet.
                                    .AutoFilter
                                    End If
                                    GoTo SkipNextSheet
                                End If

.AutoFilter
                                    End If
                                    GoTo SkipNextSheet
                                End If

With Application.Intersect(.SpecialCells(xlCellTypeVisible), .Offset(1, 0))
                                        'Check if there is a service entered in column 5 of the filtered job.

If .Areas(1).Cells(1, 5).Value = "" Then
                                            'Display a messagebox with a message and the sheet that has the missing service.
                                            MsgBox "There is a job in the " & ws.Name & " sheet that matches the date and request number but does not have a " & _
                                            "service type. Please add a service type to this job before continuing."
                                            Call TurnOnFunctionality
                                            .AutoFilter
                                            'Cells(32, 2).ClearContents
                                            'Cells(37, 2).ClearContents
                                            Exit Sub
                                        End If
                                        'If the service column, (5), has a value, store the service in the service variable.
                                        Service = .Areas(1).Cells(1, 5).Value
                                    End With

Dim LastRow As Long

Dim rws&: rws = Range("A4:A" & Cells(Rows.Count, 1).End(3).Row).SpecialCells(xlCellTypeVisible).Count
                                If rws > 1 Then
                                'If ws.Range("A4", ws.Range("A4").End(xlDown)) > 1 Then
                                    Dim answer As Integer
                                    Dim RowNumber As Long
                                    Dim RowLine As Range
                                    For Each RowLine In rng.SpecialCells(xlCellTypeVisible)
                                        ws.Activate
                                        RowLine.EntireRow.Interior.ColorIndex = 6
                                        answer = MsgBox("Is this the job you want to apply the late cancel price too?", vbQuestion + vbYesNo + vbDefaultButton2, "Late Cancel Price")
                                        RowLine.EntireRow.Interior.ColorIndex = 0
                                        If answer = vbYes Then
                                            'I had to include a -3 in here to account for the 3 rows above the data that don't have data in them
                                            RowNumber = RowLine.Row - 3
                                            GoTo FoundRightJob
                                        End If
                                        'If answer = vbNo

Next RowLine
                                End If
FoundRightJob:
                                'No has been selected each time so display a message box and exit sub
                                If RowNumber < 1 Then
                                    MsgBox "No jobs have been selected as a Late Cancel"
                                    .AutoFilter
                                    Exit Sub
                                End If
                                    'Copy data fom the job back to a calculator on the data sheet (this is the code name for sheet2) to calulcate the price again.
                                    With Data
                                        .Cells(30, 1) = CDate(LCDt)
                                        '.Cells(30, 1) = Format(Date, "d/mm/yyyy")
                                        '.Cells(30, 1).NumberFormat = "d/mm/yyyy"
                                        .Cells(30, 2) = Service
                                        'Set the hourly figure in the lateCanel table to be the LateCancelHours variable
                                        .Cells(30, 5) = LateCancelHours
                                        'A late cancel will be charged for 1 staff member attending
                                        'Therefore, set the Staff Req. figure to 1
                                        .Cells(30, 6) = 1
                                    End With
                                    On Error GoTo Price
                                        'Calculates price of late cancel on worksheet so the new price will be copied to the allocation sheet instead of the previous price
                                        Calculate
                                    LCPrice = Data.Cells(30, 8).Value
Price:
                                Select Case Err.Number
                                    Case Is = 13
                                        MsgBox "There is a problem with the spelling of the service type on the " & ws.Name & " sheet for the job that matches " _
                                        & "the date and request number. Please check the spelling and try again."
                                        'Cells(32, 2).ClearContents
                                        'Cells(37, 2).ClearContents
                                        .AutoFilter
                                        Call TurnOnFunctionality
                                        Exit Sub
                                End Select
                                On Error GoTo 0
                                    Dim LTCnclDate As String
                                    .Areas(1).Cells(RowNumber, 1).Value = "LT CNCL " & .Areas(1).Cells(1, 1).Value
                                    .Areas(1).Cells(RowNumber, 8).Value = LCPrice
                                    .Areas(1).Cells(RowNumber, 9).Formula = "=IF(RC[-4]=""Activities"",0,RC[-1]*0.1)"
                                    .Areas(1).Cells(RowNumber, 10).Formula = "=RC[-1]+RC[-2]"
                                End With
                                .AutoFilter
                        End With
                End If
SkipNextSheet:
        Next ws
'sh.Range("B32,B37").ClearContents
End Sub

Can someone help me work out why this occurs sometimes and not other times please?

This is what is happening now.

This is my spreadsheet before any changes
CSS Work Allocation Sheet.83-1.xlsm
ABCDEFGHIJ
3DatePurchase order #Req #NameServiceRequesting OrganisationCWPrice ex. GSTGSTPrice inc. GST
45/07/202195oneSupervised contact
55/07/202195twoSupervised Contact
65/07/202195threeSupervised Contact
75/07/202195fourSupervised Contact
87/01/190058
98/01/190059
109/01/190060
1110/01/190061
1211/01/190062
1312/01/190063
July
CellAllowCriteria
F4:J4Any value

I run the sub for the first time and press No then Yes and get this result. Notice how the correct line had the changes applied to it.
ABCDEFGHIJ
3DatePurchase order #Req #NameServiceRequesting OrganisationCWPrice ex. GSTGSTPrice inc. GST
6LT CNCL 5/07/202195threeSupervised Contact$219.30$21.93$241.23
87/01/190058
98/01/190059
109/01/190060
1110/01/190061
1211/01/190062
1312/01/190063
July
Cell Formulas
RangeFormula
I6I6=IF(E6="Activities",0,H6*0.1)
J6J6=I6+H6
CellAllowCriteria

The second time I run the sub, I press No then Yes and get this result. Notice how the correct line had the changes applied to it too.
ABCDEFGHIJ
5LT CNCL 5/07/202195twoSupervised Contact$219.30$21.93$241.23
87/01/190058
98/01/190059
109/01/190060
1110/01/190061
1211/01/190062
1312/01/190063
July
Cell Formulas
RangeFormula
I5:I6I5=IF(E5="Activities",0,H5*0.1)
J5:J6J5=I5+H5

The third time I run the sub, I press No then Yes and get this result.
ABCDEFGHIJ
4LT CNCL 5/07/202195oneSupervised contact$219.30$21.93$241.23
87/01/190058
98/01/190059
109/01/190060
1110/01/190061
1211/01/190062
1312/01/190063
July
Cell Formulas
RangeFormula
I4:I6I4=IF(E4="Activities",0,H4*0.1)
J4:J6J4=I4+H4

Notice that up until this point, each row that has had yes pressed when it has been highlighted has been the correct row that has had the changes applied to it.

I run it one last time and press Yes as there is only one row visible and get this result.
ABCDEFGHIJ
87/01/190058
98/01/190059
10LT CNCL 5/07/202160$219.30$21.93$241.23
1110/01/190061
1211/01/190062
1312/01/190063
July
Cell Formulas
RangeFormula
I4:I6,I10I4=IF(E4="Activities",0,H4*0.1)
J4:J6,J10J4=I4+H4

Notice the changes have been applied to row 10 instead of row 7, despite row 7 being the visible row after the filter.

Trying to use the autofilter feels like we are going in circles, chasing our tails.

I have decided that it would be better to highlight the rows instead of using the autofilter so I want to remove the autofilter. I have looked at the code but there are a few spots I am not sure about. This is the current code.
VBA Code:
Sub LateCancel()
        Dim ws As Worksheet, sh As Worksheet, sht As Worksheet, QT As String, wb2 As Workbook, WbPath As String, QTPath As String
        Dim Serv As String, Month As String, Service As String, LCPrice As String, AutoFilterCounter As Long
        Set wb2 = ThisWorkbook
        'QT = "CSS_quoting_tool_29.5.xlsm"
        Set sh = wb2.Worksheets("Totals")

'Dim LCDt As String: LCDt = sh.Cells(37, 2).Value
        Dim SheetCounter As Long: SheetCounter = 0

'If Not isFileOpen(DocYearName & ".xlsm") Then Workbooks.Open ThisWorkbook.Path & "\" & "Work Allocation Sheets" & "\" & Site & "\" & DocYearName & ".xlsm"

For Each ws In wb2.Worksheets
                                'On Error Resume Next
                                'Autofilter the late cancel date enter in B37 with dates in column 1
                                .AutoFilter 1, LCDt
                                .AutoFilter 3, LCReq

.AutoFilter
                                    End If
                                    GoTo SkipNextSheet
                                End If

.AutoFilter
                                    End If
                                    GoTo SkipNextSheet
                                End If

'Display a messagebox with a message and the sheet that has the missing service.
                                            MsgBox "There is a job in the " & ws.Name & " sheet that matches the date and request number but does not have a " & _
                                            Call TurnOnFunctionality
                                            .AutoFilter

Exit Sub
                                        End If
                                        'If the service column, (5), has a value, store the service in the service variable.
                                    End With

Dim j As Long
                                    j = ws.AutoFilter.Range.Columns(1).SpecialCells(xlCellTypeVisible).Cells.Count - 1
                                    '''VBA to count number of visible rows after autofilter row

Dim LastRow As Long, i As Long
                                'i = ws.Range("A4:A" & LastRow).SpecialCells(xlCellTypeVisible)

Dim rws&: rws = ws.Range("A4:A" & Cells(Rows.Count, 1).End(3).Row).SpecialCells(xlCellTypeVisible).Count
                                If rws > 0 Then
                                    With ws
                                        Dim answer As Integer
                                        Dim RowNumber As Long
                                        LastRow = .Cells(Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp).Row
                                        For i = LastRow To 4 Step -1
                                                ws.Activate
                                                If .Rows(i).Hidden = False Then
                                                   .Rows(i).Interior.ColorIndex = 6
                                                   answer = MsgBox("Is this the job you want to apply the late cancel price too?", vbQuestion + vbYesNo + vbDefaultButton2, "Late Cancel Price")
                                                    .Rows(i).Interior.ColorIndex = 0
                                                End If
                                                If answer = vbYes Then
                                                    RowNumber = .Rows(i).Row - 3
                                                    GoTo FoundRightJob
                                                End If
                                                'If answer = vbNo
                                        Next i
                                    End With
                                End If

FoundRightJob:
                                If RowNumber < 1 Then
                                    .AutoFilter
                                    Exit Sub
                                End If
                                    'Copy data fom the job back to a calculator on the data sheet (this is the code name for sheet2) to calulcate the price again.
                                    With Data
                                        .Cells(30, 2) = Service
                                        'Set the hourly figure in the lateCanel table to be the LateCancelHours variable
                                        .Cells(30, 6) = 1
                                    End With
                                    On Error GoTo Price
                                        'Calculates price of late cancel on worksheet so the new price will be copied to the allocation sheet instead of the previous price
                                        Calculate
Price:
                                Select Case Err.Number
                                    Case Is = 13
                                        MsgBox "There is a problem with the spelling of the service type on the " & ws.Name & " sheet for the job that matches " _
                                        .AutoFilter
                                        Call TurnOnFunctionality
                                        Exit Sub
                                End Select
                                On Error GoTo 0
                                    Dim LTCnclDate As String
                                    .Areas(1).Cells(RowNumber, 9).Formula = "=IF(RC[-4]=""Activities"",0,RC[-1]*0.1)"
                                End With
                                .AutoFilter
                        End With
                End If
SkipNextSheet:
        Next ws
End Sub

1. If I am to remove the autofilter, firstly, I can comment out these lines
  2. VBA Code:
    [*]                                'Autofilter the late cancel date enter in B37 with dates in column 1
                                    '.AutoFilter 1, LCDt
                                    '.AutoFilter 3, LCReq

3. With the next part
  4. VBA Code:
    [*]                                If ws.[A3].Cells.Offset(1, 0) = "" Then
                                        '.AutoFilter
                                        End If
                                        GoTo SkipNextSheet
                                    End If
  5. Obviously, I will comment out the .autofilter but I wasn't sure how to check if the job existed on a set sheet. I can't use whether the cell is blank anymore as I won't have an autofilter.

6. With the next part
  7. VBA Code:
                                        .AutoFilter
                                        End If
                                        GoTo SkipNextSheet
                                    End If
  8. I don't even know what this was doing. I do not think I need it if I have no autofilter. I found I needed it at the time but now I do now know why.

9. With the next part
  10. VBA Code:
                                                Call TurnOnFunctionality
                                                .AutoFilter
                                                Exit Sub
                                            End If
                                        End With

11. This section of code checks if the filtered row has a service type in column 5. Again, I am not sure how to adjust the code so it doesn't look at the filtered job as there will be no autofilter but the highlighted job.

12. With the next part
  13. VBA Code:
    Dim j As Long
                                        j = ws.AutoFilter.Range.Columns(1).SpecialCells(xlCellTypeVisible).Cells.Count - 1
                                        '''VBA to count number of visible rows after autofilter row
  14. I do not think I even need this part as there are no references to the variable J in the code anywhere.

15. With the next part
  16. VBA Code:
    Dim LastRow As Long, i As Long
  17. Just variable declarations

18. With the next part
  19. VBA Code:
    Dim rws&: rws = ws.Range("A4:A" & Cells(Rows.Count, 1).End(3).Row).SpecialCells(xlCellTypeVisible).Count
  20. This line counts the number of visible rows but if I am not using the autofilter, I need another way of counting the number of rows that match the criteria of the date and request number. I know the logic of what needs to happen but I am not sure how to code it.

21. With the next part
  22. VBA Code:
    If rws > 0 Then
                                        With ws
                                            Dim answer As Integer
                                            Dim RowNumber As Long
                                            LastRow = .Cells(Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp).Row
                                            For i = LastRow To 4 Step -1
                                                    ws.Activate
                                                    If .Rows(i).Hidden = False Then
                                                       .Rows(i).Interior.ColorIndex = 6
                                                        .Rows(i).Interior.ColorIndex = 0
                                                    End If
                                                    If answer = vbYes Then
                                                        RowNumber = .Rows(i).Row - 3
                                                        GoTo FoundRightJob
                                                    End If
                                                    'If answer = vbNo
                                            Next i
                                        End With
                                    End If

23. I do not know what needs to be done here. I don't know how to identify a row that matches the criteria and not just rely on the autofilter being not activated.

24. With the next part
  25. VBA Code:
    FoundRightJob:
                                    If RowNumber < 1 Then
                                        .AutoFilter
                                        Exit Sub
                                    End If
  26. I would take out the .autofilter but I am not sure if anything else would need to change.

27. With the next part
  28. VBA Code:
                                        With Data
                                            .Cells(30, 2) = Service
                                            .Cells(30, 6) = 1
                                        End With

29. This part gets the date of the service, hours that will be charged for the late cancel and type of service, inputs it into a special calculator on the data sheet. The calculator will generate a price of the late cancel based on the date, hours and type of service. I don't think this needs to change.

30. With the next part
  31. VBA Code:
    On Error GoTo Price
                                            Calculate
  32. This calculates and assigns the new price to the LCPrice variable

33. With the next part
  34. Price:
    VBA Code:
    Select Case Err.Number
                                        Case Is = 13
                                            .AutoFilter
                                            Call TurnOnFunctionality
                                            Exit Sub
                                    End Select
  35. This is just an error handler to try and catch one of the common errors and let the user know why it didn't work. I think the .autofilter would need to be removed but I can't see anywhere else that would need changing.

36. With the next part
  37. VBA Code:
    On Error GoTo 0
                                        Dim LTCnclDate As String
                                    End With
                                    .AutoFilter
                            End With
                    End If
    SkipNextSheet:
            Next ws
    End Sub
  38. This part of code assigns the changes to the selected row. Again, I don't know how to change the code so it is not just assigning it to the visible row, but assigning the changes to the highlighted row.

I am so sorry I have decided not to go with the autofilter after all this work has been done. If only I could have known the trouble that would have been presented with the autofilter.

I just think that not using the autofilter, but highlighting the rows instead would solve so many problems. I understand this is a big ask but I would greatly appreciate any help with the coding as I am still learning to code.

From the above list, here is a list of the parts that I am not sure about.
  • Part 9,

Thankyou for helping me with this. :)

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Excel Can Read to You
Customize Quick Access Toolbar. From All Commands, add Speak Cells or Speak Cells on Enter to QAT. Select cells. Press Speak Cells.
Well, that is a fairly lengthy tome......when I think what I was suggesting was
Rather than autofilter, copy ALL rows across that meet "LCDt" & "LcReq" criteria THEN we can address them

Upvote 0
What do you mean by that? Copy all the rows for the Late Cancel where?

The jobs that have a late cancel are meant to stay in the same sheet, just have the text Lt Cncl added to the front of the date.

Upvote 0
yeah sorry, Dave got lost in the forest....what I wanted to say was
Rather than Autofilter each sheet
1. Loop through the rows in the ws to check if they meet LCDt in Col "A" and LCReq in col "C"
2. Ask the question "do you want to Late cancel".....or is this necessary if the criteria has been met ??
2. If they meet said criteria add the LtCncl to the front of Col "A"
3. Move onto next ws

I don't follow the need for SheetCounter in 2 places, when you are looping through ALL sheets anyway !
But, I have been on the road for about 6 hours and could have chronic brain fade !!

Upvote 0
Thanks for those Ideas Michael, I will have a go at it tomorrow when I am back at work.

Upvote 0
Actually Michael, I just remembered, my supervisor is getting a little impatient that it's taking so long. Would you be able to help me a little with the code please?

Upvote 0
This could be the culprit. The value of RowNumber and the value of ' i ' could be different. Not sure why Areas is being used here either, because the cells property then applies to Areas rather than worksheet. This entire macro has been a nightmare to unravel. No offense intended @dpaton05 :(

Rich (BB code):
:
On Error GoTo 0
                                    Dim LTCnclDate As String
                                End With
                                .AutoFilter
                        End With
                End If
SkipNextSheet:

Upvote 0
I agree with @JLGWhiz
This has been a nightmare to debug, I hate spaghetti code. I'd ask @JLGWhiz to maybe have a look at this code as well......there are no guarantees with where we are going with this !!!
Try this in a COPY of YOUR Workbook
AND
Unfortunately, your Supervisors impatience isn't our immediate problem... :devilish:
VBA Code:
Sub MM1()
        Dim ws As Worksheet, sh As Worksheet, sht As Worksheet, QT As String, WbPath As String, QTPath As String
        Dim Serv As String, Month As String, Service As String, LCPrice As String
        Set sh = Sheets("Totals")

For Each ws In Worksheets
                        With ws
                        Dim lr As Long, r As Long
                            lr = .Cells(Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp).Row
                            For r = 4 To lr
                            If .Cells(r, 1).Value = LCDt And .Cells(r, 3).Value = LCReq Then
                                If .Cells(r, 3).Offset(1, 0) = "" Then GoTo SkipNextSheet
                                        If .Cells(r, 5).Value = "" Then
                                            Call TurnOnFunctionality
                                            Exit Sub
                                         End If
                                Service = .Cells(r, 5).Value
                                Dim LastRow As Long, answer As String
                                    Rows(r).Interior.ColorIndex = 6
                                        Rows(r).Interior.ColorIndex = 0
                                        If answer = vbYes Then
                                            GoTo FoundRightJob
                                        End If
                                       If answer = vbNo Then
                                    Exit Sub
                                    End If
                                    End If
                             Next r

FoundRightJob:
                                    With Data
                                        .Cells(30, 2) = Service
                                        .Cells(30, 6) = 1
                                    On Error GoTo Price
                                        Calculate
                                    LCPrice = .Cells(30, 8).Value
                                    End With
Price:
                                If Err.Number = 13 Then
                                        Exit Sub
                                End If
                                On Error GoTo 0
                                Dim LTCnclDate As String
                                    .Cells(r, 1).Value = "LT CNCL " & .Cells(r, 1).Value
                                    .Cells(r, 8).Value = LCPrice
                                    .Cells(r, 9).Formula = "=IF(RC[-4]=""Activities"",0,RC[-1]*0.1)"
                                    .Cells(r, 10).Formula = "=RC[-1]+RC[-2]"

End With
                End If
SkipNextSheet:
        Next ws
End Sub

Upvote 0
No offense intended @dpaton05 :(

No offense taken. All of the code I have produced on here has basically been written by other people and I have just tried to put bits and pieces together. That is why it appears to be spaghetti code, I do not understand the best way to write code, hey, I hardly understand much about coding.

Upvote 0
Thanks Michael but that adds a line onto every monthly worksheet and doesn't activate the worksheet that has the row.

Before the sub is run
CSS Work Allocation Sheet.84.xlsm
ABCDEFGHIJ
3DatePurchase order #Req #NameServiceRequesting OrganisationCaseworker NamePrice ex. GSTGSTPrice inc. GST
76/01/190057fourSupervised Contact
87/01/190058
98/01/190059
July
CellAllowCriteria

After the sub is run and hitting Yes the first time i get asked the question:

This is the July sheet
ABCDEFGHIJ
76/01/190057fourSupervised Contact
87/01/190058
98/01/190059
July
Cell Formulas
RangeFormula
I4I4=IF(E4="Activities",0,H4*0.1)
J4J4=I4+H4
CellAllowCriteria

Every other monthly sheet is the same as this one
ABCDEFGHIJ
4LT CNCL $219.30$21.93$241.23
August
Cell Formulas
RangeFormula
I4I4=IF(E4="Activities",0,H4*0.1)
J4J4=I4+H4
CellAllowCriteria
F5Any value
F6:H7Any value
F4:H4Any value

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hvp2262

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back