Mr Excel, other forums and general Excel forum history

Rory - your question was raised a little while ago, and I think most people just used the Thread Subscription feature, and stuck the threads in a different folder from those they were actively posting on.

Excel Facts

Links? Where??
If Excel says you have links but you can't find them, go to Formulas, Name Manager. Look for old links to dead workbooks & delete.
Emma's right. You need to subscribe to the thread and then in your User CP you can create a favourites folder and when you list your subscriptions there's an option to move them to another folder. Bit of a pain but the only way I believe.

Dom

you could also add a tag to each thread - doesn't seem to be a much used feature.

Rory - you've been here just over 3 months, and posted 2,000 odd times - which makes 6,000 posts in total, assuming that dividing your time equally results in consistent verbosity. Assuming 22 working days in a month, that's approximately 90 posts a day. Do you ever do anything else? ;)

Rory - you've been here just over 3 months, and posted 2,000 odd times - which makes 6,000 posts in total, assuming that dividing your time equally results in consistent verbosity. Assuming 22 working days in a month, that's approximately 90 posts a day. Do you ever do anything else? ;)

I've sometimes wondered that about some of the prolific posters. I'm guessing that most of them do have proper jobs and whilst it's impressive I have not idea how they find time to do their 'real work'. Maybe they're just good at delegating.

I don't post as much in the forum I moderate - I tend to just keep an eye on things. I do also post on weekends (sometimes) and in the evenings, plus journeys to/from work, so it's more like 40-50 a day. There may be some truth to my wife's allegations that I spend too much time on the computer. (Though if all goes to schedule, that will probably stop from Jan 9th 2009! :))
Luckily my work PC is quite slow so I have time to kill while running other things...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Luis_Macros

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back