Lounge?

To lounge or not to lounge?

• yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I miss the lounge. I could always count on going there for a quick break from work. There were some very uncalled for things said and those should have been dealt with via PMs instead. Those few rotten apples spoiled things for everyone. :devilish: The very people vilified in those posts are the self same ones who did the most to help me when they didn't have to. I have some thoughts on an alternative solution that I will PM to JP when I get a moment.

pennysaver said:
..... the Moderators do a great job of moderating ...

Looks like the lounge has moved to here.

Any more of this and this thread will be in danger of deletion.

I cannot agree with your opinion of the moderators.
I believe in voicing criticism when it's due - and without farting about with private messages.

In any event, the lounge was full of crap and is better off where it is - particularly as it was too often subjected to unacceptable censorship.

OK:

1) This isn't a democracy, so while diverting, the poll is unlikely to have a material effect on the decision about what to do with the Lounge.

2) The key issues are (a) whether the contents of the Lounge damage Bill's commercial interests, and (b) to the extent that they might, whether the board admins / moderators can be expected to try & minimise such impacts.

A decision will be made shortly, no doubt.

The fact that this topic has been viewed over 370 times (and JP's message in The Lounge over 230) shows the interest for it, I guess.

(But the vote could be a bit higher :confused: )

...damage Bill's commercial interests,..

Yes You´re right about it. But the mod(s) should also consider their behavour with this in mind as well.

Or do You believe that arrogance should be a trademark for MrExcel?

As this is a Q&A forum, allow me to try to answer the question I believe is being posed:

Question: Are Moderators going to moderate MrExcel.com (including the deletion of posts where they see fit)?
Answer: This is a moderated board; yes.

NateO said:
As this is a Q&A forum, allow me to try to answer the question I believe is being posed:

Question: Are Moderators going to moderate MrExcel.com (including the deletion of posts where they see fit)?
Answer: This is a moderated board; yes.

Duh!? and I thought the Question was

Will it ever re-open?

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Will,

Mr Nate have the right to have a different opinion on what is being the subject here so please accept it and don't joke with him.

Mr Nate, I really hope You will be recovering from the "I'm god"-disease as You, after all, can contribute with some input to the Excel-community.

Let me know if I can help You in any matter. I know some other administrators and moderators on other boards as well that suffer from the same disease as You do.

At present I strongly suggest that You rest from all kind of forum-life and turn off the computer(s). I believe that Juan et al can agree on to give You the status of "retired" moderator or even God if necessary. Find a nice women and get a life outside this virtual reality.

Take care and all the best from,
Dennis & XL

(XL is my dog :biggrin: )

I think that the previous message was the final stab in the back to kill The Lounge. :cry: Tu quoque mi fili?

In keeping with this forum's Q&A format:
XL-Dennis said:
Mr Nate, I really hope You will be recovering from the "I'm god"-disease as You, after all, can contribute with some input to the Excel-community.

Let me know if I can help You in any matter. I know some other administrators and moderators on other boards as well that suffer from the same disease as You do.
Q: Does Nate believe he's a God?
A: No. Being a Moderator here is voluntary function I perform, it's not necessarily personality trait.

Q: Does Nate have an ego?
A: Yes. Don't we all?

Q: Should Nate focus more on the Excel side of the board?
A: Probably. I enjoy arrays, collections and recordsets, etc.. There's plenty to talk about. :)

Q: Will it ever re-open?
A: Unlike most posts to this thread, which should be taken as wild conjecture at best ;), I'm only attempting to provide answers to questions that I'm poised to accurately answer, this question is not one of them.

Edit: I can't seem to post without typos! :(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fjaimes042510

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back