Kudos to VoG II

Excel Facts

Save Often
If you start asking yourself if now is a good time to save your Excel workbook, the answer is Yes
I lie - I spend the rest of the time on an iPhone

Which is tricky on a train!!

I would never use a machine on the internet without a good firewall, AV and usually at least 2 anti-spyware/malware apps. Call me paranoid... :)

I recently found something out about this, and you might be putting your PC at risk by doing this!!!

Apparently if you have more than 1 antivirus, spyware, firewall, malware etc. on your PC, then they can contradict each other and seriously harm your pc, it's ok to have 1 anti-spyware, 1 firewall etc. but not more than one of each kind!

Apparently if you have more than 1 antivirus, spyware, firewall, malware etc. on your PC, then they can contradict each other and seriously harm your pc, it's ok to have 1 anti-spyware, 1 firewall etc. but not more than one of each kind

I do not agree with you.

If you have 2 AV or anti-spyware apps running real-time monitoring simultaneously, then yes they can conflict with each other. I only have one running real-time scans but use both for periodic scans of the whole machine.

If you have 2 AV or anti-spyware apps running real-time monitoring simultaneously, then yes they can conflict with each other

Or may be not ? I am now running 3 (real time) apps on my PC and I have never experienced a conflict :cool:

why do you need 3 real time virus scanners?

what scanners are they?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Luis_Macros

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back