Kudos to VoG II

Well, I never suggested using free ones, but that would be better than nothing. The sites like MySpace are not infected with the virus per se, they are hacked as a means to distribute the virus/trojan/whatever to others.
Manual checking of processes and services is not foolproof by a long shot, and would be more time consuming (of my time)than leaving the machine to do it! I agree with playing it safe and smart, but my interpretation of those terms seems to be different! :biggrin:

Excel Facts

Excel Joke
Why can't spreadsheets drive cars? They crash too often!
Well, I never suggested using free ones, but that would be better than nothing. The sites like MySpace are not infected with the virus per se, they are hacked as a means to distribute the virus/trojan/whatever to others.
Manual checking of processes and services is not foolproof by a long shot, and would be more time consuming (of my time)than leaving the machine to do it! I agree with playing it safe and smart, but my interpretation of those terms seems to be different! :biggrin:

There is one fool proof way to keep your PC safe, without having anybody look at it, without paying any money out, and without downloading anything or spending any of your own time!
First person to guess it wins...urm...pride?

Good guess but not quite what I was thinking, you can still use the PC to play games or write documents etc.

disconnect from the internet?

But there were virus around long before the internet was invented - Transported around on little thinks call Floppy disks that held a massive 1.44mb of data.

hmm, you got me there, that was what I was thinking of, but then again, you shouldn't use floppy disks that you haven't made yourself anyway

Does it matter if the PC gets infected with spyware if it is not your responsibility? I'm pretty sure that any cybercafe would have better protection against these sort of threats that an average home user anyway - they would be protecting there business & revenue not just there data

Not to your offence, but can you read between the lines ? My discussion with Rory was on a greater part *humour* or you can say *fun* and he posted whatever he had to say about the post initially. Why do you think I place these emoticons in the matter I post ?

To hell with all the cyber cafes...whether they are inclined towards revenue or data, it is not my concern. My objective was just to fill in some good funny thoughts and you bring it out as one hot topic of the day :huh:

You cannot judge people just by the words they post on a forum. Do you know me ? May be we can meet someday and I will teach you how to code a *virus* :cool:

Now now children play nice, stormseed was only joking and im sure you were only trying to be inciteful, no need for nastiness on either part :D *ducks as he prepares to suddenly have everybody start arguing with him instead*

You cannot judge people just by the words they post on a forum

I can't see how my post was in any way judgemental? If your message was meant in a jovial manner perhaps you could read mine in exactly the same way? Pehaps I should make better us of smilies

you shouldn't use floppy disks that you haven't made yourself anyway

by that reasoning I never would have installed Windows. Hey I think you might be onto something.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hickman156

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back