Intelligence Quotient !?!!? (Fun Questions)

...The logic question I always liked is;
What is the maximum number of sides of a cube you can see at any one time, without using reflection or other aids and that the sides of the cube can not be seen through?
Generally, I would say 3. However:
If the cube is small enough (smaller than the distance between your 2 eyes), you could see 4.
If you were INSIDE the cube, you could see all 6 sides.
I too thought of a really small cube and putting it between your eyes. But then you should be able to see five sides, not 4. Just tried it with a sugar cube (damñ near went cross eyed. I don't need reading glasses yet - but that I had not realized how much harder it is for me to focus 2-3 inches in front of my face until now - so thanks for that, Pugster). Note that to see five, the corners of the front plane of the cube need to be N/S & E/W, i.e. the edges of the front plane are diagonal enabling one to see two lateral sides with each eye.

As for being inside the box - I totally did not think of that. But in fairness to myself, I have never heard a management pundit exhort anyone to "think inside the box". :lol:

Excel Facts

Copy PDF to Excel
Select data in PDF. Paste to Microsoft Word. Copy from Word and paste to Excel.
because it's too much hay to put into 1 stack

Hi Jonmo,

I said it earlier in one of my posts, everyone would have a distinct approach to think and react to a particular question. You think that would be too much hay to put into 1 stack but I do not !

Same applies for the 2nd field. So why in the world would all 9 stacks of hay be put into 1 stack ??

Cmon, man ! It is a question ! You would never want to ask a question to a question ? Why do you eat ? why do you sleep ? I guess you have an answer to it ?

It was a simple question and I just thought of a simple answer and I never thought of a specific reason behind it though :-D

REUTERS - Chandigarh, India - Yesterday afternoon, Anup Gupta, a prominent local farmer was arrested by local authorities on charges of "crimes against the environment" and "misuse of public lands". It seems the hapless Mr. Gupta had been taking a correspondence course from the India Institute of Management (IIM) and came across an internet article that recommended combining all of his hay into one "center field".

Being a stickler for exact interpretation of a rule, Mr. Gupta, who only has two hayfields, began piling his hay in a fallow bit of public land located between his to fields. Said Mr. Gupta "the article said a *center* field and that obviously means that I would need to have an odd number of fields to do this properly. Since I only have two fields, I had to make use of a third field belonging to the provincial agricultural extension office."

Previously Mr. Gupta had stored his hay into reasonably sized haystacks that were common to the region. However, when he piled all of his hay into one enormous stack, the hay in the center of the stack began to compost. Being summer time and excessively hot and dry, the heat from the composting process caused the central haystack to ignite and the entire field then caught fire. Mr. Gupta is being held until the local magistrate returns from holiday in Perth.

When contacted regarding the story, Mr. S. Seed, a spokesman for the IIM, indicated "it was meant merely to be a 'free-thinking exercise'. We didn't think anyone would actually do it! The IIM never intended for this to be considered a recommendation." It has been a busy October for Mr. Seed. Earlier in the month local farmers brought a class action suit against the IIM for damages to their buckets and pails due to dropping bowling balls into them based on a separate IIM internet article.

Last edited:
REUTERS - Chandigarh, India - Yesterday afternoon, Anup Gupta, a prominent local farmer was arrested by local authorities on charges of "crimes against the environment" and "misuse of public lands". It seems the hapless Mr. Gupta had been taking a correspondence course from the India Institute of Management (IIM) and came across an internet article that recommended combining all of his hay into one "center field".

Being a stickler for exact interpretation ...

... Earlier in the month local farmers brought a class action suit against the IIM for damages to their buckets and pails due to dropping bowling balls into them based on a separate IIM internet article.
:rofl:

:rofl::rofl::rofl:
Greg, brill. You just started my day off right. Come on problems, I'm ready to face you now.

I can't wait to see your contributions to the pun thread. Bet you can do worse than anything I could ever dream up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NyVmex

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back