How to post VBA Code using xl2bb

Thanks for sending this, Alex.

If you see the missing toolbar in the browser when you see this in the console then unfortunately it doesn't say something unexpected - no errors. (I assume that Edge's default console notification settings are like below - Errors item is checked):

1636896641190.png

I also tested it in Windows 10/11 Edge browser and it works ok for me. In this case, it is still a mystery other than making me think that it could be a customized browser setting - which also doesn't make sense by the way.

* @Alex Blakenburg - if it is not much trouble for you, could you please open Edge in InPrivate mode, log in to the board, and try again to see if the toolbar icons are still missing? (Faster and less trouble than clearing the entity browser cache).

To clarify, this is not a user account privilege or something we set in the forum software settings as I explained, but I am just trying to find out if it is something that we could report as a bug. Thanks for all your help.

open Edge in InPrivate mode, log in to the board, and try again to see if the toolbar icons are still missing? (Faster and less trouble than clearing the entity browser cache).

I am running Edge InPrivate mode as I type this and the buttons are now active ie they now work.
I'm afraid I don't know what that means in terms of what I need to change in my settings when not running in InPrivate mode.

I assume that Edge's default console notification settings are like below - Errors item is checked
What it looks like in my Edge

1636898352561.png

Also in Edge (in normal mode) the insert quote appears like the below instead of in the grey box that you normally see.

1636898450310.png

Now the only thing is a browser cache issue. I don't want to ask you to clear the browser cache considering you might not prefer to do that, but that would be my next test attempt.

Addition after your second post above:
Also in Edge the insert quote appears like the below instead of in the grey box that you normally see.
If the problem you are experiencing is seeing the buttons as disabled like in your screenshot, then it is something different. It is because you are in BB code mode. Please toggle BB code.
1636898612793.png

If the problem you are experiencing is seeing the buttons as disabled like in your screenshot, then it is something different. It is because you are in BB code mode. Please toggle BB code.
Yep that fixed it.
I can't recall ever having used it and don't really know how it works.
I would also never have considered something like that would be remembered from one comment / reply box to the next, let alone from one Browser session to the next.

Thanks for spending the time to solve it. I have not been able to use Edge when using the forum for quite a while and it is my default browser (mainly because OneNote clipper works much better with it)

PS: It is 1 am here in Sydney Australia but thought it would be easier to see it through now. I will log off shortly though.

Yep that fixed it.
Glad to hear it is solved.

I can't recall ever having used it and don't really know how it works.
You might have clicked on the toggle button accidentally. The BB Code shows the content in raw view that lets you edit the tags in more detail, and it is rarely necessary, that's why it doesn't render the resulting view. You can switch between the modes by using the same toolbar icon [ ].

BB Code ...... is rarely necessary
Depending on how hard it is to do, it might be worth considering changing the scope of the BB Code setting, limiting it to the current comment, as a future enhancement.

PS: I love the fact that the comments box is very good at remembering what you have typed, even if you switch browsers mid-stream, this ensures you very seldom if ever lose what you have already typed. If the above change compromises then don't do it.

it might be worth considering changing the scope of the BB Code setting, limiting it to the current comment, as a future enhancement.
I wouldn't support that. If you were regularly wanting to deal with BB codes manually, it would be a pain in the neck to have to set it every time.

It is only a suggestion. I can't easily find if there are other people having the same issue, so perhaps the issue is a non-event.
A compromise might be to make the BB Code symbol [ ] Red so that it stands out when all the others are greyed out. (I can see XL2BB is blue)

Here I go again... missing the Toolbar. This is, what I think maybe related - but I am completely unaware of using the debugger.

And again: when editing the post, everything is back to normal, but only in the editing window.

Attachments

• 1636972854694.png
    1636972854694.png
    20.1 KB · Views: 13

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roccanet

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back