Gin?

Long Nose

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Recently my mother-in-law brought me a bottle of Seagram's Gin (original) to replace the Tanqueray she drinks when she visits. Now I haven't opened it, or ever tried it. Is this a good gin? Should I return it for Tanqueray? She wouldn't have to know I returned it.

Anyone have an opinion?

Excel Facts

Control Word Wrap
Press Alt+Enter to move to a new row in a cell. Lets you control where the words wrap.
It is not bad but not as good as Tanqueray in my opinion. I would exchange it for Tanqueray or Bombay Sapphire :)

tonic, ice and a twist of lemon

i'm not a connoisseur, though it should be palatable, and this way you get to drink it quicker. Or you hide it until she is due to visit, then let her drink it

This seems to be pattern with my mother-in-law. She is very generous and brings us lots of goodies, but (and this is a very big but) she tends to go cheap whenever possible. She does this even when she knows full well we have particular preferences.

OK I can be somewhat thrifty myself, so I appreciate the sentiment, but I'd like to think that I would be sensitive to others preferences when bearing gifts, or especially when replacing shared items.

I hope this doesn't sound ungrateful, but we share a good deal of things and it seems to me that replacing those shared items, when the thought arises, with the same quality, or better, is the right thing to do. And to do otherwise is, well, I don't know what to call it.

I'm growing on the idea of keeping it and serving it only to her.

Hi LongNose

Out of topic:

I have seen you hanging around only in the Lounge area (your favourite, I reckon) and everytime I see your username, I wonder what made you keep this type of a username (Long Nose) ? I think you are representing yourself in that avatar pic of yours but I could not find a long nose on you - nevertheless, how long is your nose and why did you keep this type of a username ?

I frankly do not mind, you using that type of username but sometimes it really gets weird and I get irritated - albeit, that is my problem though :-D

Ah a whole topic about gin. Now I really know I am at home here. I love a Bombay Sapphire, with tonic and a wedge of lime. Bombay Sapphire in exciting in the mouth. It tingles. Gordon's is the default here, but is far inferior. Tanqueray good...

**** - it is 9.47am and will not be until 7pm that I can have a gin. No fair.

Gin is evil. I say bin the gin. It's not called Mother's Ruin for nothing.

Terrible stuff that smells like petrol.

Whisky is the way forward. Och aye de noo.

You see, I always said Whiskey just tasted like the inside of the barrel it came out of. I have since heard that that is a GOOD thing. I can't stand Whiskey. The only time I have been able to drink it is when I have been ridiculously hammered, and didn't notice.

I agree to an extent, though. Gin on its own is wrong. Tonic on its own is not only wrong it is pointless. But put them together and BINGO!

Patience, patience, patience. There's a whole world of difference between whisky and whiskey. I can see we're going to have to have a discussion on it at some point.

Is whiskey not the same as whisky? I thought the latter was a typo?! I need to go and hang my head in uncultured shame!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jadethejade

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back