FIFA World Cup Wallchart for Excel

Excel Facts

What is =ROMAN(40) in Excel?
The Roman numeral for 40 is XL. Bill "MrExcel" Jelen's 40th book was called MrExcel XL.
Hi, Everyone,
I might as well throw my cap in the ring as well, If anyone wants another wallchart for the World cup send me a pm with your e-mail address and I will send you mine , maro free and a little bit different to the ones I have seen Cheers Howard.

Graham,

The last version 1.07 now allows national anthems to be heard with Firefox being my browser....Cool
8-)

I noticed that after entering my scores to date (Austalia 3 - Japan 1)...congrats to the Aussies by the way :) the wallchart displays Brasil as the Runner up for group F even though they didn't play yet :o...is that a prediction.

Graham,

How did you get the map on the Match Schedule sheet to reposition itself based on the visible screen?

Mighty impressive!

Hi NVBC,

One proud Aussie :-D replying to your sorting comment. Aust -- Brazil -- Croatia -- Japan is because of the sorting routine. Teams on the same points are sorted by results betweeen each other, goals scored and goal difference. Japan has a negative GD and sorts to the bottom of the group, with Brazil and Croatia appearing in their same relative position from the original draw.

I think the group tables only make sense when all teams in a group have played the same number of matches.

Still, this workbook is great. I'm updating it every day -- haven't tried the anthems yet...

Denis

Thanks Denis for answering that for me - spot on.

njimack, the map moving is done by looking at a certain row. If the activecell is greater than row x and the map is at the top I move it down or visa versa. This is done through a 3 step process.

First I group all the images so they are effectively one image now. This ensures that when I move the map then the images will still be in the right place because each city name is in fact a text label.

Next once Ive grouped into one object I position the map based on the Top and Left properties of the cell I want to align with. This moves the map either up or down.

Lastly I ungroup the images. This is so the cities can be clicked on etc because if I left as one image you couldnt interact with the map.

Hope that explains it.

regards,
Graham

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PinHeads

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back