Facing Redundancy - AGAIN!!

MarkAndrews

Office Version
  1. 2010
Platform
  1. Windows
I got told on Friday that they are moving my dept to another location (60 miles away) so there is a chance that I’ll either be made redundant, or be dumped in another role if I do not relocate

Thing is, relocation would involve travelling 120 miles per day (I only travel 100 miles a week) so if I don’t relocate, or take another job at the site where I am, I’ll be made redundant 4 weeks before Xmas with less than 2 yrs service, i wont get a penny!

BRILLIANT!!:crash:

Excel Facts

Using Function Arguments with nested formulas
If writing INDEX in Func. Arguments, type MATCH(. Use the mouse to click inside MATCH in the formula bar. Dialog switches to MATCH.
I can understand how you feel, I had the same thing 3 years ago, redundancy or 140 mile round trip with a different job.

I took the redundancy option (luckily I was over the 2 years service and did get a small amount).

Wouldn't you know it a year later I was back with the same company doing the 140 mile round trip, I didn't have many options open to me. I one years time the project I'm on will be complete so may be in the same boat again.

Hope your choices prove better suited for you, and that it will all work out for the best.

I can understand how you feel, I had the same thing 3 years ago, redundancy or 140 mile round trip with a different job.

I took the redundancy option (luckily I was over the 2 years service and did get a small amount).

Wouldn't you know it a year later I was back with the same company doing the 140 mile round trip, I didn't have many options open to me. I one years time the project I'm on will be complete so may be in the same boat again.

Hope your choices prove better suited for you, and that it will all work out for the best.

Thanks Andy:)

Sorry to hear of that at such a bad time of year. Hope these world markets straighten out soon. Too many people facing downsizing and disruption in their lives.

Best of luck.

Best of luck to you.

It really stinks to have this happen right before the holidays and now doubly so since the economy is in the toilet.

Unlucky fella. I'd probably take the new job on site and spend the extra time that you would use travelling looking for something elsewhere.

Best of luck,

Dom

Unlucky fella. I'd probably take the new job on site and spend the extra time that you would use travelling looking for something elsewhere.

Best of luck,

Dom

My petrol costs would tripple a week so just not financially viable Dom:(

Mark,
You have my sympathy.
Almost 6 years ago, we were told that all of HR, including Risk Management, would be moving from Minnesota to Wisconsin. Fortunately my boss managed to get us an indefinite reprieve while she finished law school.
In January of this year, we were told that Risk Management move would now happen and I received a termination letter effective June 30. It took them almost 4 months to find my replacement because of unique combination of skills required by this job (including Excel), so my termination agreement was renegotiated with a deadline of December 31. My replacement was hired and we tried to do 6 months of training in less that 3 months.
Now she has been offered a job where she can work from home, better pay, better vacation and doing her first love of programming. So my boss is now interviewing again.
That was last week and I am still waiting to hear what my new termination date will be. I had been looking forward to retirement by the end of the year so that I would not have to deal with winter on a daily commuting basis.

Good luck,

PS. The rest of Risk Management did move at the end of June and I am still in Minnesota.

I’m sorry to hear of your news. I also have been “let go” a number of times. All I can suggest is that you get back on the treadmill as soon as possible.

Update your CV for a number of different roles, and send each variant of your CV to as many different places as possible.

For me it also seemed to take about 6 months to find another job. I live in a high unemployment area, with very little industrialisation – the only job is farming – and I can’t drive a tractor (but I do come from Zummerset).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NyVmex

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back