Excel 2010 Status Bar disappeared

Kappy

Board Regular
From time to time, the status bar in excel 2010 is not showing (I don't mean the information is not showing, I mean the bar is not there at all). In previous versions I would go to view>status bar...

how do I get the status bar back in excel 2010?

Thanks!

For just a one-of?
  • Alt+F11 to open the Visual Basic Editor.
  • Ctrl+G to open the immediate window.
  • Copy & paste Rory's command and then hit ENTER.
Your statusbar should reappear.

Thanks, worked great for me! I am baffled why the toggle option got scrapped in Excel 2010. BTW, is there any way to create a custom QuickAccess button for this?

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

How to total the visible cells?
From the first blank cell below a filtered data set, press Alt+=. Instead of SUM, you will get SUBTOTAL(9,)
Thanks, worked great for me! I am baffled why the toggle option got scrapped in Excel 2010.

:confused: There was a toggle in the UI in 2007? It was in 2003 under the VIEW menu. Is it in 2007? I've not seen it in the ribbon nor in the "Commands Not In The Ribbon" group under customization.

BTW, is there any way to create a custom QuickAccess button for this?

You'd have to create a macro like so and drop it into your PERSONAL.XLSB personal macro workbook.

Code:
Sub ToggleStatusBar()
'
' ToggleStatusBar Macro
' Show/Hide the status bar
'
    With Application
        .DisplayStatusBar = Not .DisplayStatusBar
    End With

End Sub

And then just add a button to your QAT for the macro.

Upvote 0
:confused: There was a toggle in the UI in 2007? It was in 2003 under the VIEW menu. Is it in 2007? I've not seen it in the ribbon nor in the "Commands Not In The Ribbon" group under customization.

You'd have to create a macro like so and drop it into your PERSONAL.XLSB personal macro workbook.

Code:
Sub ToggleStatusBar()
'
' ToggleStatusBar Macro
' Show/Hide the status bar
'
    With Application
        .DisplayStatusBar = Not .DisplayStatusBar
    End With

End Sub

And then just add a button to your QAT for the macro.

Thanks a lot for this, will try.

I did switch to 2010 from 2003, so I skipped 2007.

Upvote 0
Thanks a lot for this, will try.
I did switch to 2010 from 2003, so I skipped 2007.
Me too!

In Excel 2010, by default the Status Bar does not appear in the Full Window setting.
Exit Full Screen (upper right corner - [] X), Status Bar reappears.
Then manually stretch the window by pulling the corners (double-headed arrows) to fill the monitor screen.

Upvote 0
In Excel 2010, by default the Status Bar does not appear in the Full Window setting.
Exit Full Screen (upper right corner - [] X), Status Bar reappears.
Then manually stretch the window by pulling the corners (double-headed arrows) to fill the monitor screen.
Not true. You can Maximize (or not) an Excel session within Windows7 and you can Maximize (or not) the workbook within Excel. In ALL of those configurations, regardless of what order you change them, my Excel2010 Status Bar displays.

Maybe burneggroll has a VisualBasic routine or macro of some sort. I have none; my Status Bar does not go away. Just sayin'.

Upvote 0
Not true. You can Maximize (or not) an Excel session within Windows7 and you can Maximize (or not) the workbook within Excel. In ALL of those configurations, regardless of what order you change them, my Excel2010 Status Bar displays.

Maybe burneggroll has a VisualBasic routine or macro of some sort. I have none; my Status Bar does not go away. Just sayin'.
Cool. Another reason I should upgrade from my WinXP/Office2010 combo. Thanks for the tip.

Upvote 0
In Excel 2010, by default the Status Bar does not appear in the Full Window setting...

Not true...

calvia, burneggroll is correct. Perhaps you misread the thread and thought it was discussing visibility of the statusbar being impacted by sizing workbook windows within the overall parent application window of Excel? As you say, the statusbar's visibility is not impacted by these actions.

The discussion centered on those things that DO impact the statusbar's visibility and what burneggroll says is accurate: the status bar does indeed disappear whenever you toggle into Full Screen View mode. This holds true in Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Excel 2010 and Excel 2013. Note, however, that in the case of Excel 2013, the option for showing in full screen mode was removed from the standard user interface, i.e. it is no longer on the View tab of the ribbon. So in the case of Excel 2013 a user would have to add the Toggle Full Screen View command to the QAT if he wanted to use full screen mode.

Upvote 0
Actually the task bar doesn't disappears.

What really happens is that Excel uses the full screen and the status bar is hidden behind the windows task bar.
If you change the task bar settings to auto-hide you will see it there.

A quick fix, unfortunately has to be done every time, is to grab and hold the top of the excel window and drag it up so the window goes back to normal (if that exists in Microsoft...)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bschermerhorn

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back