Evaluating a formula

How do you evaluate a formula?

• Just go to Mr. Excel and asks why its not working.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Excel Facts

What is the fastest way to copy a formula?
If A2:A50000 contain data. Enter a formula in B2. Select B2. Double-click the Fill Handle and Excel will shoot the formula down to B50000.
Well, if #NAME? is who I think he is, it's safe to say he knows what he's talking about! ;)

Well I want to know how rorya knows someone by their cryptic name? Must be a secret code there. LOL :wink:

Well, Mr Name put in his profile that he's been an MS Excel MVP since 2007, and gave his location. So I'm guessing Rory/Nate didn't have to tax ze leetle grey cells too much. (Not that I could work it out from that information. But I am not as clever as them.)

I have learned a few new techniques from reading this thread. Thank you. I have most always used the formula evaluator and alt+enter to better understand hard folmulas. If that fails then I come here for answers.

Well, Mr Name put in his profile that he's been an MS Excel MVP since 2007, and gave his location. So I'm guessing Rory/Nate didn't have to tax ze leetle grey cells too much. (Not that I could work it out from that information. But I am not as clever as them.)

I can't claim to be clever on this one - I cheated. And I outed him before he added that to his profile, in a certain thread. :biggrin:

With his permission. Not sure if Rory saw that or not...

I saw your post in the NG so it wasn't that big a stretch! :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nathanle89

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back