Evaluating a formula

How do you evaluate a formula?

• Just go to Mr. Excel and asks why its not working.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Even I have used Excel 2002 for quite a while and I have never experienced this issue anyday.

I guess you've never tried to evaluate the right (or wrong!) sort of formula then... ;)

Excel Facts

Save Often
If you start asking yourself if now is a good time to save your Excel workbook, the answer is Yes
I guess you've never tried to evaluate the right (or wrong!) sort of formula then... ;)

Yeah, that could be a possibility because I use a different software to evaluate complex arrays over large ranges. But this sounds strange overall and I have never heard of Excel getting crashed just by evaluating an array formula yet from any of my friends using Excel over these years.

Last edited:
Well, if #NAME? is who I think he is, it's safe to say he knows what he's talking about! ;)

Well, if #NAME? is who I think he is, it's safe to say he knows what he's talking about! ;)

If you think he is, who I know he is, he is. Caught my attention last weekend. Welcome, Biff! :biggrin:

I usually use F9 or the Function Wizard. These both have unique issues, F9 often requires you to drastically reduce the Range in question. And on occasion, I've seen the Function Wizard return the correct result, while Excel will not...

Well, I hope I'm who rorya thought I was! :laugh:

Yep! :)
And Nate's "outed" you now, which saves me making cryptic comments about humming 'Ride of The Valkories' to myself... ;)

Couldn't you lot just get a secret handshake or something?

(Is there a Kipper amongst the MVPs too?)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nathanle89

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back